Nolan's Next Film

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
^very much that

Innovator wrote:The fact that Dunkirk is going to be a serious awards contender means that we'll probably have to wait longer than usual for information on his next film, since he'll most likely only start working on it after awards season is over. Hopefully he already has some ideas on what he wants to do next.
Pretty much

The award season will keep him busy longer than usual. Especially if he gets nominated as director. There's a lot of promotion you have to do with that. A lot of luncheons, dinners and butts you have to kiss.

Plus, I'm sure he was supervising the work on the 4K releases of his films and the release of Dunkirk on home media.

He has a drawer filled with screenplays.

I expect an announcement once the Oscars has aired.

I’m very sure he’s already working on something. He never rests lol

I believe, with the exception of The Dark Knight, Nolan's strengths are put to better use when the budget is tighter and the story is more confined. The Prestige, Memento, and Dunkirk are good examples of this.

I'd like to see something like The Prestige, something period-piece. I don't think he'd pull off horror, but murder mystery? Absolutely.

It's a bit surprising so many people want to see something he's already made. Prestige basically was a period piece, Insomina is a murder-mystery and so on lol

I want him to tackle an another crime story.

Nomis wrote:It's a bit surprising so many people want to see something he's already made. Prestige basically was a period piece, Insomina is a murder-mystery and so on lol
Because he excels at it compared to say, TDKR.

I am sure Nolan would consider doing a classic Western piece and redefining the genre (like Jonah's westworld?)

I wouldn't really call Westworld a western piece in any sense of the word except that it serves as a backdrop for about 50% of the series. But sure I'd love to see Chris do a western movie.