Nolan's Next Film

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
01. Bond-movie
02. BioShock
04. Heavy Rain
03. Horror movie

I have more ideas, but whatever he makes, I'm in.

MyCocaine wrote:
Pratham wrote:Is Chris in New Zealand atm?
He was last seen in Hong Kong and most recently gave a interview by phone from Vietnam.

He's everywhere.
He is omnipresent.
Cilogy wrote:
Nomis wrote:I would still love to see an erotic thriller
Considering the cast of Inception, I think that covered the bases.
Just the tip Image

Oku
aleks989 wrote:Being that Dunkirk was his masterpiece in terms of technicality and not much of a writing aspect or dialog, his next film will tackle these much more I believe. The contrast, like someone mentioned before. I thoroughly enjoyed Dunkirk, but then again I want more narrative from Nolan. If I even have to put Dunkirk on the map in all his films, I would put it in a whole other category, you simply cannot compare it to any of his previous work. He went to a different direction and succeeded all the same.

That being said, I really want something LOTR style fantasy/epic. Given just how much he invests in practical effects, just imagine what this will turn out to be. Either that or a western would also be amazing. But to get back to my point that his next will feature much more narrative, I believe somewhere on this forum, I've heard of a script he penned about a troubled teenager or such, an amazing script. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this could also be some thriller Inception style, that would blow our minds.

Anyhow, can't wait to find out.
I can't see Mr. Nolan making a LOTR style fantasy/epic, because he hates creating CGI creatures.
User of Interest wrote:01. Bond-movie
02. BioShock
04. Heavy Rain
03. Horror movie

I have more ideas, but whatever he makes, I'm in.
A BioShock movie would be interesting.

Mr. Nolan loves to find new ways to challenge himself, and the Art Deco aesthetics of BioShock would be a perfect 180-flip challenge after the historical Dunkirk, in the same way that that was a 180-flip challenge after the sci-fi Interstellar.

The world of BioShock is surprisingly grounded when you think about it, which is right in line with his insistence on practical effects.

It would be PG-13, of course, which I'm sure will make some people go, "But doesn't a BioShock movie need to be rated R? Isn't that why the BioShock movie by Mr. Verbinski fell apart, because he wanted an R rating, while the studio wanted PG-13?"

Well yes, but the same thing could have been said about an R rating being necessary for a war movie, and yet Dunkirk was critically acclaimed.

Mr. Nolan very well could make the first not just passable, not just good, but truly great video game movie.

Of course, all this is just wishful thinking, and it'll probably never happen, especially seeing as how the BioShock movie rights are not at Warner Bros. but at Universal or Sony (it's not clear which).

lol let's be real a PG13 Bioshock just wouldn't work, not even with Nolan's help.

Best he stay away from the fantasy realm taking his extreme methodology into account.

Maybe The Silmarillion could be adapted if done non-chronologically. Not saying Nolan should do it, but it should certainly be made á la LOTR, technical wise, not so much The Hobbit...

Everyone's thinking big (budget and scale) and with good reason, but for some reason I think he'll make a relatively "small" film akin to The Prestige and Insomnia next.

I'm not sure why I think this but I get this nagging feeling Nolan will pick something completely out of left field. Personally, I wish he did a modern take on the Gothic Novel St. Irvyne. The elements of it being a Nolan film are all there.

Nomis wrote:Maybe The Silmarillion could be adapted if done non-chronologically. Not saying Nolan should do it, but it should certainly be made á la LOTR, technical wise, not so much The Hobbit...
Does Warner Bros have the rights for the Silmarillion? I know there was some lawsuit going on but I thought I read it was settled. If Nolan was in New Zealand it makes me wonder! I know it's a 0.1% chance but I can dream :)

cchriswake wrote:Everyone's thinking big (budget and scale) and with good reason, but for some reason I think he'll make a relatively "small" film akin to The Prestige and Insomnia next.

I'm not sure why I think this but I get this nagging feeling Nolan will pick something completely out of left field. Personally, I wish he did a modern take on the Gothic Novel St. Irvyne. The elements of it being a Nolan film are all there.
Highly doubt that. Nolan addressed this in an interview for Interstellar. He said as long as he has the opportunity he will continue to make large scale films.