Nolan's Next Film

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
LelekPL wrote:
markspark1981 wrote:Three words...

Time Travel Film
It's basically what he's been doing since Memento.
I don't agree with that. Nolan hasn't really covered literal time travel yet in any of his films.

Time travel and its dramatic consequences would indeed be a great theme for a Nolan movie. Imagine the insane plottwists.

The entire plot twist of Interstellar is pretty much literal time travel. But I see what you mean. An entire movie focused around that. It could be really cool, but it would have to be pretty damn complex for it not to end up like a parody of all of Nolan's previous works.

I don’t consider the ending of Interstellar as literal time travel, as Cooper is more communicating with the past rather than being a part of it. With literal time travel I mean literally going back in time (maybe for a special mission?).

But true, it would be very difficult to make the film work.

Willem wrote:
LelekPL wrote:

Time Travel Film
It's basically what he's been doing since Memento.
I don't agree with that. Nolan hasn't really covered literal time travel yet in any of his films.

Time travel and its dramatic consequences would indeed be a great theme for a Nolan movie. Imagine the insane plottwists.
I agree. Nolan hasn't created a time-travel-mission story. One that the characters knew that they would travel time.
After watching Nolan, I think that he has a more complex idea of the repercussions of time travel... Something we haven't seen yet. (ie. If two people travel several millions backwards, one of them appear in the future. Something like that.)

every film's a time travel film technically

Time Travel Film
I'd love to see something similar to Steins;Gates, I feel like its one of the only pieces of media that has a somewhat realistic representation of the consequences of time travel.

Personally, I want Nolan to make a spy/espionage thriller if he's not doing Bond. We got bits of the genre with Dark Knight and Inception but I want him to go all out.

Ashamed to say I haven't caught Dunkirk yet. Going get it when it comes out on blu ray. Usually front row for a Nolan movie, but I got busy.

My prediction is he does a Western next. I've read he was interested in doing one and a Nolan Western would be absolutely kick ass. Westerns are always fun when the story is done right and you know his practical action would be amazing with a Western. Maybe his Hughes movie. I don't think he will not ever do that, maybe it's further down the line to get even further away from Aviator. He said it was the best thing he ever wrote, I don't think he will waste that.

Whatever his next movie is I do believe the one following will be a Bond flick. I think they will be ready to start a new Bond by the time Nolan cranks out another movie. I'd imagine Craig's last bond will come out the same year as Nolan's next movie. Then he will take over the Bond franchise. I think he does a trilogy and uses those movies as leverage to do whatever it is he wants to do in between like he did with the Batman franchise. I know Nolan doesn't need the Bond franchise to do whatever he wants but I do know he is a huge Bond fan and I really do think he wants a go at it. So doesn't hurt to use it as leverage, even for him.

Anyways that's my guess. Probably totally off.

On IMDb (mobile app) it says that Nolan is executive producing "Untitled Keith Gordon Project".

Doesn't say that in the browser version.

User of Interest wrote:On IMDb (mobile app) it says that Nolan is executive producing "Untitled Keith Gordon Project".
That's old news.

Christopher Nolan Sets Keith Gordon to Direct Supernatural Thriller (JUNE 30, 2011)
http://collider.com/christopher-nolan-k ... rner-bros/