Nolan's Next Film

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
tommyjon400 wrote:
cchriswake wrote:Everyone's thinking big (budget and scale) and with good reason, but for some reason I think he'll make a relatively "small" film akin to The Prestige and Insomnia next.

I'm not sure why I think this but I get this nagging feeling Nolan will pick something completely out of left field. Personally, I wish he did a modern take on the Gothic Novel St. Irvyne. The elements of it being a Nolan film are all there.
Highly doubt that. Nolan addressed this in an interview for Interstellar. He said as long as he has the opportunity he will continue to make large scale films.
Interesting, got a link to that interview?

"Metal Gear Solid"

cchriswake wrote:
tommyjon400 wrote:
cchriswake wrote:Everyone's thinking big (budget and scale) and with good reason, but for some reason I think he'll make a relatively "small" film akin to The Prestige and Insomnia next.

I'm not sure why I think this but I get this nagging feeling Nolan will pick something completely out of left field. Personally, I wish he did a modern take on the Gothic Novel St. Irvyne. The elements of it being a Nolan film are all there.
Highly doubt that. Nolan addressed this in an interview for Interstellar. He said as long as he has the opportunity he will continue to make large scale films.
Interesting, got a link to that interview?

This isn't the specific one I'm referring to, but it's mentioned in this one:

He seems to feel an almost moral imperative to continue working on these giant canvasses, and says the prospect of taking a break from enormousness for a film or two, just to cleanse his palate, is pretty much out of the question.

“There are filmmakers who pride themselves on ‘one for the studio, one for me’, and I just don’t see it that way,” he says. “I have an opportunity that very few filmmakers get, to do something on a huge scale that I can control completely and make as personal as I want, so I feel a big responsibility to make the most of it. Because there are tremendous filmmakers out there who will never get that opportunity but would do something extraordinary with it.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film ... -I-do.html

So it's now undoubtedly going to be something big again, WWI still a possibility? lol

Horror or Hell and Gone

Oku
Given that he is always challenging himself in new ways with each project, maybe his next will have a female protagonist?

Horror/Suspense would be cool.

Personally Id love to see him tackle a Western.

Heck maybe a Horror Western lol ;)

I agree a western would be really awesome. I'd also like to see Nolan's take on a spy thriller.

rubrandonm wrote:I agree a western would be really awesome. I'd also like to see Nolan's take on a spy thriller.
A spy thriller would be great!

I hope he does a Bond one day (I know its been mentioned many times on the forms but I'll say it again).
If not a maybe a Cold War Spy Thriller (of course I realize the Man from U.N.C.L.E comes to mind but I am thinking of something with that Nolan Flair)

They talk about it on 4:57.