Nolan's Next Film

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
xWhereAmI? wrote:Hopefully a thriller of some sort. I'm still okay with Bond, but I think Mendes beat him to it.

What about a horror/thriller like The Shining? Too dark? How would he utilize IMAX? I always think he'll only go for projects in which he can use IMAX to heighten the visual storytelling and spectacle.
Inception was filmed without IMAX. And I doubt that any would tell it's a worse movie than his other blockbusters filmed in this format.

I am guessing May or June 2018 we hear what Nolan's next film is going to be.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:I am guessing May or June 2018 we hear what Nolan's next film is going to be.
If it's a fall 2019 release. If he does a summer 2019 release than I think we'll hear about it sometime between January and March.

Forum Pro
Law
Whatever it is it's going to be a drama/thriller.

He hasn't done an urban thriller in a while (not including Batman).

Maybe the Howard Hughes film he always wanted to do. Aviator is 13 years already (fuck....). 2 years in production makes it 15. More than enough time to space them out.

The Bond will be his return to famous ip's but only when they decide to reboot.

Lately I was surprised to know how much he loved Blade Runner. A cyberpunk kind of thing would be delicious.

The horror, idk. Never heard anything about Nolan concerning the genre. But it would be another great diversification of his filmography.
Last edited by Lionheart on July 22nd, 2017, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If Nolan does the Howard Hughes movie and brings back Jim Carrey for it, I'd be the happiest guy in the world.

Penguin022 wrote:If Nolan does the Howard Hughes movie and brings back Jim Carrey for it, I'd be the happiest guy in the world.

Penguin022 wrote:If Nolan does the Howard Hughes movie and brings back Jim Carrey for it, I'd be the happiest guy in the world.
This actually would be extremely interesting.

Maybe he will go back to his Howard Hughes script and that's what he'll finally make?

While I doubt he'll make another film set during the second world war (or any other war) again soon, I really hope he'll one day direct a film set in WWI. There are a few fantastic ones but I think there's still a whole lot to explore there.

But yeah, I don't think we'll hear anything before the year is out. Perhaps the earliest possibility is just after Oscar season :P

Anyway I hope he shoots it entirely on 65mm

Film set in 70s please.