Mr. Hughes Bio adaption

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
I think Michael Shannon could do a good job (I think he could do a pretty impresive Orson Welles too), he's someone who I would like to see work with Nolan.

I really hope Nolan revisits his Howard Hughes script one day. Him and his brother both gush about how amazing it is, it just seems like it would be a real shame if it never got made just because of Scorsese and now Warren Beatty's films. I'm sure Nolan's take on Hughes would be very different from previous films about him, so here's hoping that it gets made at some point.

Plus, I'd be curious to see Nolan tackle a character based drama that has a budget lower than $100 million. He hasn't done one of those since The Prestige.

Jim talks about Nolan and his Hughes movie

That's been posted here before, but always a good watch. This film remains the most anticipated film ever for me. It'll be Nolan's opus when he one day makes it.

He's not going to make it. He put some of his ideas for his Citizen Hughes film into the beginning of
The Dark Knight Rises. I would love to see it but sadly it seems Nolan is past it.

MyCocaine wrote:He's not going to make it. He put some of his ideas for his Citizen Hughes film into the beginning of
The Dark Knight Rises. I would love to see it but sadly it seems Nolan is past it.
He's still young, though. We can't know what he'll do later in his career.

He also put Bond ideas into Inception and Batman, doesn't mean he'll never tackle a James Bond movie. If he does it, it should be with Jim Carrey.

Yeah, Jim Carrey would be great. And time certainly wouldn't be against him. The older, the better.

This is something that he'll likely do 10 years from now and it'll be hailed as the return to his Memento/The Prestige days. Likely be his Oscar win etc. It's the best thing he's ever written so I doubt he'll let it sit in a drawer forever.

I certainly hope Nolan revisits this project if not just to revive Carrey's career. Unfortunately, The Aviator seriously put a dent in the possibility of this movie ever getting made, but maybe Nolan will get Carrey in another movie.