Mr. Hughes Bio adaption

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
This is interesting. I can see it working, but I'm not hyped for it as of yet, hell, we don't even know if it's going to happen. If it does, then it may just win Nolan a Oscar after all. Although, I couldn't really see Jim Carrey fitting the role. We'll see what Nolan has up his sleeve after he's done with Batman, and if it's this, then I'm all for it. It will be a nice change in direction for Chris, just was he needs to grab himself an Oscar.

Mason01 wrote:This is interesting. I can see it working, but I'm not hyped for it as of yet, hell, we don't even know if it's going to happen. If it does, then it may just win Nolan a Oscar after all. Although, I couldn't really see Jim Carrey fitting the role. We'll see what Nolan has up his sleeve after he's done with Batman, and if it's this, then I'm all for it. It will be a nice change in direction for Chris, just was he needs to grab himself an Oscar.

You are assuming it will be a traditional biopic. Never assume that when it comes to Nolan. His story supposedly focuses on the crazy aspects of Hughes' later life. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to not really be a biopic, but more of a thriller like Memento.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
Mason01 wrote:This is interesting. I can see it working, but I'm not hyped for it as of yet, hell, we don't even know if it's going to happen. If it does, then it may just win Nolan a Oscar after all. Although, I couldn't really see Jim Carrey fitting the role. We'll see what Nolan has up his sleeve after he's done with Batman, and if it's this, then I'm all for it. It will be a nice change in direction for Chris, just was he needs to grab himself an Oscar.

You are assuming it will be a traditional biopic. Never assume that when it comes to Nolan. His story supposedly focuses on the crazy aspects of Hughes' later life. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to not really be a biopic, but more of a thriller like Memento.
I suppose, yeah. Nolan doesn't really take the traditional route, does he? I'd expect a very smart thriller if he ever did this, which is possible. Wouldn't be surprised if he casts Michael Caine somewhere in there to, ;)

Honestly not my cup of tea, being I'm not very interested in Howard Hughes. Plus, Nolanfans are pretty spoiled after seeing what Nolan can do with an original story. ;)

However, Nolan wrote it himself, and he made The Prestige such an amazing film that impressed even the author Christopher Priest.

If he can make it compelling and interesting then it will be great.

On the other side of the coin, I hope he isn't doing it for award purposes.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:

I would think not. He said back in 2006 that it was the best thing he ever wrote, including Memento or The Prestige. It's a passion project for him. He was hugely disappointed when he heard about the Aviator being greenlit. It would suck to put so much effort into a project and then have it get wiped out because someone else was working on a similar project and managed to get it greenlit sooner. The irony here is that WB greenlit the Aviator and will likely end up funding Nolan's project. So they crushed his dreams with Aviator and they might give him redemption by funding his project.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
Cilogy wrote:

I would think not. He said back in 2006 that it was the best thing he ever wrote, including Memento or The Prestige. It's a passion project for him. He was hugely disappointed when he heard about the Aviator being greenlit. It would suck to put so much effort into a project and then have it get wiped out because someone else was working on a similar project and managed to get it greenlit sooner. The irony here is that WB greenlit the Aviator and will likely end up funding Nolan's project. So they crushed his dreams with Aviator and they might give him redemption by funding his project.
I think that it all worked out in the end. More people will probably see this project now that he has gathered so much critical praise and attention with his 3 blockbusters.

Mason01 wrote: Although, I couldn't really see Jim Carrey fitting the role.
Have you seen I Love You Philip Morris or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? I think Jim Carrey could be very interesting.

Sara wrote:
Mason01 wrote: Although, I couldn't really see Jim Carrey fitting the role.
Have you seen I Love You Philip Morris or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? I think Jim Carrey could be very interesting.
I've seen I Love You Philip Morris, but I still couldn't see Carrey fitting the role that well. I enjoyed Carrey in The Number 23, he gave a very gritty, serious performance, which I wasn't expecting. I dunno, there's just something about him - I couldn't see him in a Nolan film if I'm honest.

Sounds like random speculation to me. Somebody wanted to write some news filler while twaiting for the next DRK tidbit, and any news on his next film might work, and they just said "hey, he has nothing else to do, why not go back to his old script?"

Kartel wrote:Sounds like random speculation to me. Somebody wanted to write some news filler while twaiting for the next DRK tidbit, and any news on his next film might work, and they just said "hey, he has nothing else to do, why not go back to his old script?"
Well it makes sense ... I mean Nolan's Batman fame led him to do Inception, which he had also shelved 10 years ago. If he realizes that he can do Inception, maybe he's realized that he wants to do Mr. Hughes.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.