Mr. Hughes Bio adaption

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
chee wrote:That's probably bull, Nolan says he only thinks about one movie at a time.
He only works on one movie at a time. To think he doesn't have a vague idea of what he wants to do in the future is silly.

I distinctly remember an interview with Michael Caine when he was promoting TDK. He said that, when they were towards the end of their shoot for Batman Begins, he asked Chris "what will the next one be like?" to which Chris responded "darker." And yet, Nolan often claims he never thought of making a sequel to BB until after The Prestige.

He's called this Hughes script his best work - no doubt he's itching to make it.

I hope he does it.

I hope this is true. He always describes it as one of his better scripts, it would be awesome to have the opportunity to see this film! :thumbup:

Yeah I would love to see this as well. A departure for Nolan for sure.
@sammyjankis88

Wow, I guess I'm the only one who doesn't want him to do this, really. I'm positive it'll be fantastic, likely amazing even, but I mean... I'd prefer to see him doing more pictures like Inception. By that I mean a complex narrative, mind-blowing visuals, very thrilling, exhilarating cinema.

It seems like a somewhat odd project/departure for him though, so if he's been trying to make this for years, he has to see something I don't, which is the way it should be, haha.

I wonder if he is still going to get Jim Carrey to play Howard Hughes?

Vader182 wrote:Wow, I guess I'm the only one who doesn't want him to do this, really. I'm positive it'll be fantastic, likely amazing even, but I mean... I'd prefer to see him doing more pictures like Inception. By that I mean a complex narrative, mind-blowing visuals, very thrilling, exhilarating cinema.

It seems like a somewhat odd project/departure for him though, so if he's been trying to make this for years, he has to see something I don't, which is the way it should be, haha.
my sentiments exactly...though I'm interested how Nolan would attempt to modify and redefine the bio-pic genre.

I bet if he does end up doing this, it will finally get him that best director oscar ;)

apw
jcvargas09 wrote:I bet if he does end up doing this, it will finally get him that best director oscar ;)
:lol:

The first thing I thought was OSCAR!

But why would he shoot a movie in late 2012 for release in 2014? I'm guessing this type of movie would be released during the awards season so it would come out late 2014. So that would be 2 years after it first started shooting. Odd time scale. Why not late 2013 :?:
Last edited by apw on February 11th, 2011, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jcvargas09 wrote:I bet if he does end up doing this, it will finally get him that best director oscar ;)
Best picture as well.