Mr. Hughes Bio adaption

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Wonder when rumors of his next project will begin leaking out.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

I don't think Nolan need this time a huge budget to realize this film as he did with Inception,TDK and TDK Rises.
I'm talking about something like he did with The Prestige or Insomnia. And both were great films.
I'm really looking forward to this project.... :twothumbsup:
My guess......for 2014. 2013...!? Could be a great surprise! :clap:

I really rather he did something original next.. I actually would like him to lower the scale a bit, even for just that one next film. But I also wish it was original. With bios there are those boundaries and I want the film to be 100% Nolan. Maybe after an original - have the bio. I have no doubt he'll still do it excellent. There's one bio actually I would LOVE for him to make, or anyone else for that matter (anyone good) but it's a distant dream.

I would rather him do something original too. I also agree with cutting the scale back. Something like Prestige, or maybe even a little bigger but not a huge blockbuster. I probably wont get that, which I'll deal with. I have no idea what his next project will be, we wont find out until a while after TDKR has hit and gone. I'm not convinced he'll do this next though, a lot of people seem to think this is his next project because he said 10 years ago he would make his Howard Hughes bio adaption around 10 years after Aviator. Things change in 10 years. I'm sure he has written rough drafts to a few scripts in the mean time.

As soon as July 20 is here and TDKR has came and gone, the speculation for future projects will be all over the place. Rumor Mill here we come.

I woud like he will direct some not big film, something like Insomnia, Prestige, but with lead female character, not male! It would be really intresting to see ;) regarding Huges biopic, I am not sure if it needed... Scorsese made quite solid film with unforgettable Dicaprio...
Last edited by Asanty on May 4th, 2012, 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smaller,more personal film in the vein of Memento and Prestige with Julyan scoring :judge:

I agree with the handful of replies preceding my own.
Do you... like pineapple?

Mr. Caine wrote:Smaller,more personal film in the vein of Memento and Prestige with Julyan scoring :judge:
That I'd like to see :thumbup:

I wonder if Chris will direct his brothers screenplay (Interstellar) since Spielberg is quite busy. Personally I don't think Nolan will go for smaller movies considering how much leverage he has with Warner Bros. he will most likely try to make the most of it and do some crazy shit. Think of it as the beginning of his Kubrick phase. Considering he is in such a good position in Hollywood at the moment he could literally go to any studio right now(especially after Rises is released) and have carte blanche. I'm sure he will also try and push the IMAX format as well. It just doesn't make sense for Nolan to not capitalize off the commercial success he has had with his last 3 films (including Rises). I think he will just keep pushing for more ambitious projects. When he said he would direct Mr.Hughes in 10 years he hadn't made 3 billion for Warner bros. and hadn't seen the commercial success that he is receiving. I mean how many Directors/Writers do you know that have a PERFECT track record both commercially and critically.

Mr. Caine wrote:Smaller,more personal film in the vein of Memento and Prestige with Julyan scoring :judge:
That's a little too far for me. Zimmer all the way! (Or, maybe both together like Zimmer and James Newton Howard like BB and TDK)