Mr. Hughes Bio adaption

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Yeah there is a quote from him stating it's not gonna happen and here is a source if you need one

"Nolan's Howard Hughes biopic, which was to star Jim Carey as the reclusive aviator, is now officially off the director's plate, as he stated that the Batman franchise, particularly the character of Bruce Wayne, was able to quench that thirst, "Luckily I managed to find another wealthy, quirky character who's orphaned at a young age," said Nolan."

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/christo ... -bond-film

I would say I'm gutted but that would be putting it very lightly :(

I'm hoping that's a sign he wishes to have a break from $100m+ films and work on something smaller though :-D

rbevanx wrote:Yeah there is a quote from him stating it's not gonna happen and here is a source if you need one

"Nolan's Howard Hughes biopic, which was to star Jim Carey as the reclusive aviator, is now officially off the director's plate, as he stated that the Batman franchise, particularly the character of Bruce Wayne, was able to quench that thirst, "Luckily I managed to find another wealthy, quirky character who's orphaned at a young age," said Nolan."

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/christo ... -bond-film

I would say I'm gutted but that would be putting it very lightly :(

I'm hoping that's a sign he wishes to have a break from $100m+ films and work on something smaller though :-D
I really wish someone would ask him this during a press conference or something. Whether he is willing to go back to smaller films or just stick with blockbusters.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

I think Nolan probably will go back to Smaller projects, but not yet. He's career has really just taken off in the last few years, so maybe sometime later in this decade or something.

Cilogy wrote: I really wish someone would ask him this during a press conference or something. Whether he is willing to go back to smaller films or just stick with blockbusters.
I think they will during the press interviews for The Dark Knight Rises "So What's next for you?" and I bet he will reply back like he did with the last Batman film "Well I will be taking a break for a couple of months as I have worked on this film for over two years and I'll think about it after my break and after I'm done working with this film fully"

So in short we won't find out (or have any true idea) to what he's doing next until at least November I think, even though I would bet money he knows what he's doing next ;)

rbevanx wrote:
Cilogy wrote: I really wish someone would ask him this during a press conference or something. Whether he is willing to go back to smaller films or just stick with blockbusters.
I think they will during the press interviews for The Dark Knight Rises "So What's next for you?" and I bet he will reply back like he did with the last Batman film "Well I will be taking a break for a couple of months as I have worked on this film for over two years and I'll think about it after my break and after I'm done working with this film fully"

So in short we won't find out (or have any true idea) to what he's doing next until at least November I think, even though I would bet money he knows what he's doing next ;)
He was asked in the Empire article and he said he'd be taking a break after TDKR.

Well he certainly needs a break. I wonder how stressful the last few years have been for him.

Though next I'd love him to see him make another small-scale paranoid thriller, see if he can still do that as well as he used to.
Do you... like pineapple?

jibran wrote:Well he certainly needs a break. I wonder how stressed out the last few years have made him.

Though next I'd love him to see him make another small-scale paranoid thriller, see if he can still do that as well as he used to.
I don't think he gets all that stressed to be honest. He does what he truly loves and he wouldn't do it anymore if it just became a stressful job (outside of some obvious stresses).

This might be happening after all!

http://www.relevantmagazine.com/culture ... pher-nolan

This was in an interview with Nolan in the July/August issue of Relevant Magazine:

Q: You mentioned remaking James Bond films as a kid. Would you do a Bond film at this point?
A: I'd love to at some point. But the truth is, I've been busy ripping them off.

Q: What films do you have left to make?
A: The favorite script of mine I've written is about Howard Hughes, but I never had the time to make it.

Q: What films do you have left to make?
A: The favorite script of mine I've written is about Howard Hughes, but I never had the time to make it.

after Interstellar confirmed

The second half of the answer to that question was:

"I always wanted to do a science fiction film, and so far I guess Inception is halfway there. It would be fun to explore at some point."

Which ignores Interstellar and makes me wonder when this interview was conducted.