Film genre christopher nolan could take on!

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Horror? No!
Western? Might be a good option!

But, the thing I really, really, really want him to do is to make some sort of new Memento. The whole backwards-princip of the movie is fantastic. I already have seen that, but I would like to see something else, yet still something like that!
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

I think one of the interesting things about Chris Nolan is that he finds it interesting to make films that are not particularly funneled into any one archetype. It seems like for Inception he's doing it again. It should be interesting what he comes up with... and on the talk of his potential in making a horror flick, I think he might pull it off, but it won't look like other horror movies. There's always something different with the way he does things.

That's true. I don't think any of his films can be completely categorized into a single genre. They bend genres which I find fascinating.

I saw someone on another board mention something about him doing a comedy and at the time I laughed at the idea, but I now think he could pull off a very cool dark comedy. It would have to be very dark in the flavor of some of the coen brothers' work.

theweatherman wrote:I saw someone on another board mention something about him doing a comedy and at the time I laughed at the idea, but I now think he could pull off a very cool dark comedy. It would have to be very dark in the flavor of some of the coen brothers' work.
I've never envisioned Nolan making a comedy film, but the idea is interesting.

Something Like Dr Stangelove or Groundhog Day I can imagine Nolan being able to pull off.

I would love for Nolan to direct/write a horror movie, but I doubt he likes horror movies nor he could make a good one.

Grobyc wrote:but I doubt he likes horror movies nor he could make a good one.
Is this a typo? Or are you saying that Nolan wouldn't be able to make a good horror film?

Eternalist wrote:
Grobyc wrote:but I doubt he likes horror movies nor he could make a good one.
Is this a typo? Or are you saying that Nolan wouldn't be able to make a good horror film?

No, it's not. He never directed a horror movie, so I doubt he could make a great one. Ofcourse those are my baseless speculations, don't get offended or something, lol, but don't say he could make a great horror flick either.

Grobyc wrote:I would love for Nolan to direct/write a horror movie, but I doubt he likes horror movies nor he could make a good one.
His wife said in that interview that he is interested in making a realistic horror along the lines of Jaws (not about sharks, but in the way that it could be a real scenerio and all that). If he does direct one, it would be interesting.