Film genre christopher nolan could take on!

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Grobyc wrote:
Eternalist wrote:
Grobyc wrote:but I doubt he likes horror movies nor he could make a good one.
Is this a typo? Or are you saying that Nolan wouldn't be able to make a good horror film?

No, it's not. He never directed a horror movie, so I doubt he could make a great one. Ofcourse those are my baseless speculations, don't get offended or something, lol, but don't say he could make a great horror flick either.
I'm not getting offended. You're just undercutting your own logic when you state that I shouldn't assume that he can make a great horror film because that would be baseless. Yet, you can still assume (baselessly) that he can't make a good horror film? Practice what you preach.

There is no question about it, Christopher Nolan should make a film noir. He's got the right type of stories, and he's got a good cinematographer (Wally P), which is important for those films.

christophmac wrote:There is no question about it, Christopher Nolan should make a film noir. He's got the right type of stories, and he's got a good cinematographer (Wally P), which is important for those films.
Aren't all his films technically film noir? Neo noir?

christophmac wrote:There is no question about it, Christopher Nolan should make a film noir. He's got the right type of stories, and he's got a good cinematographer (Wally P), which is important for those films.
...he does make film noir. It's called neo noir.

I think Nolan should do more period pieces. He could have taken the easy road and set The Prestige in modern times, but he was clever enough to make it turn-of-the-20th-century.

No matter what films he does after Inception/Batman 3/godfathering Superman, he could easily set his films in the 60s, 80s, whatever, and make it amazing.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

How about a courtroom drama? but of course innovating, there are too many that are too similar. just don't mess with powerful companies and sick kids please

Nebel wrote:Yeah I wanted him to do Sci-Fi and he has, great. I hear he is a huge fan of Blade Runner which is one of my favourite movies ever, so I wonder if he'll take any inspiration from that.

Also, that horror idea sounded really good. Western -- ugh, not a fan of that genre but the potential is there.

I know he's already did it, but I'd love for him to do noir again, in a different tone compared to Following and Memento.
If he is a huge fan of Blade Runner he might also be a huge fan of the work of Philip K. Dick in general (as Blade Runner is based on "Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep?"). If so hopefully he is a huge fan of the Hugo Award winning book "The Man in the High Castle". Well, getting this filmed certainly requires a director with genius and in addition immense reputation to get this theme approved by one of the big (US) studios: Maybe he would be intrigued by such a big challenge (for various reasons!):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_in_the_High_Castle