Film genre christopher nolan could take on!

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
I would very much like to see christopher nolan in a future project take on a sci fi film, especially to try something original or at least a new take on an old concept. I've no doubt that chris and if jonah was on board for another collabaration could come up with something quite mesmerising and fresh. With those two attached they would obviously present something that would also be quite cerebral akin to something like bladerunner, i've also read that he has been very interested in doing a western and also a horror film from his producer wife emma thomas which sounds very interesting. I hope both projects at some point get green lit especially with the formidable reputation he now has as an acknowleded cinematic genius. (The article where emma thomas mentions these possible projects can be found at incontention.com, which is backdated to the 4th december 2008 so you'll have to skip a few pages to find it. The article itself is called ''An evening with cast and crew of the dark knight'')

With the announcement of christopher nolans next film, the sci fi film ''inception'' looks like i got my wish. PRAISE THE LORD!!

Haha!! You called it, buddy!

Yeah I wanted him to do Sci-Fi and he has, great. I hear he is a huge fan of Blade Runner which is one of my favourite movies ever, so I wonder if he'll take any inspiration from that.

Also, that horror idea sounded really good. Western -- ugh, not a fan of that genre but the potential is there.

I know he's already did it, but I'd love for him to do noir again, in a different tone compared to Following and Memento.

I've always wished that Nolan would tackle a western. The environment and atmosphere of the western genre seems absolutely perfect for Nolan's film style. That, and he loves ambiguous and interpretive themes which would fit nicely.

That, and I would like to see him make a horror film.

Methodist wrote:and I would like to see him make a horror film.
NO! :x

I think horror would actually be a very interesting genre for Nolan to delve into. But more of the psychological kind rather than the gore-infested trash that is churned out nowadays.

Most of Nolan's films have been thrillers of some sort and all have more or less had elements of suspense, and we know that Nolan knows how to illicit fear.

A western is perfect for Nolan to take on, I hope he does one some day.

Eternalist wrote:A western is perfect for Nolan to take on, I hope he does one some day.
I agree, Nolan is a great genre for him.
Eternalist wrote:I think horror would actually be a very interesting genre for Nolan to delve into. But more of the psychological kind rather than the gore-infested trash that is churned out nowadays.
As I said earlier,
dagn96 wrote:
Methodist wrote:and I would like to see him make a horror film.
NO! :x