Nolan Brothers & Sherlock Holmes

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Hi,
It would be a great, if Nolan brothers would helm a project on "Sherlock Holmes" movie.

Sherlock Holmes like - Basil Rathbone/Jeremy Brett/Robert Downey jr./Benedict Cumberbatch
John Watson like - Jude Law/Howard Marion Crawford

Regards,
Prashant A V

Hi,
Even though I personally think Soviet and modern English ("Sherlock" TV-series) adaptations of Sherlock Holmes is the best ones, I would only see the version of Nolan! I think it would be perfect.
Bale or McConaughey would be cast on the Sherlock's role in a Nolan's vision, Cillian Murphy would play Watson, Marion Cotillard could play femme fatale Irene Adler. Also James Moriarty could play someone like Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon or the new one for Nolan - Daniel Day-Lewis.

So, yeah, it's my cast:

Sherlock Holmes - Bale / McConaughey
John Watson - Cillian Murphy
Irene Adler or someone like her - Marion Cotillard
Moriarty - Leonardo DiCaprio / Matt Damon / Daniel Day-Lewis

Just perfect cast!

Lord Shade wrote:Hi,
Even though I personally think Soviet and modern English ("Sherlock" TV-series) adaptations of Sherlock Holmes is the best ones, I would only see the version of Nolan! I think it would be perfect.
Bale or McConaughey would be cast on the Sherlock's role in a Nolan's vision, Cillian Murphy would play Watson, Marion Cotillard could play femme fatale Irene Adler. Also James Moriarty could play someone like Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon or the new one for Nolan - Daniel Day-Lewis.

So, yeah, it's my cast:

Sherlock Holmes - Bale / McConaughey
John Watson - Cillian Murphy
Irene Adler or someone like her - Marion Cotillard
Moriarty - Leonardo DiCaprio / Matt Damon / Daniel Day-Lewis

Just perfect cast!
I can't see either of those 2 playing Professor Moriarty, as I envision him as being older and experienced looking, where as DiCaprio and Damon still have that pretty boy look to them. While Cotillard can definitely pull of the manipulative aspect of Irene Adler, I don't think she's capable of loosing that thick French accent, unless they decide to change the character's background.

I think between the BBC series, Elementary and the Robert Downey films, Sherlock Holmes needs a rest!

Aili wrote:I think between the BBC series, Elementary and the Robert Downey films, Sherlock Holmes needs a rest!
Indeed.

Even more with Ian McKellen's "Mr. Holmes" coming in 2015.

Although I wouldn't mind to see a Nolan's Sherlock Holmes, I think that it's a character (one of my favorites) that is with a lot of presence in movies and TV Shows.
It certainly needs a rest.

I would hate if this happened.

How about the idea of Nolan Bros. write an original story of Agatha Christie's character Hercule Poirot?
Not action oriented or big-budgeted film but a psychological thriller and twist-ridden film.

Sherlock Holmes -Gary Oldman
Watson - Colin Firth
Irene Adler - Jessica Chastain
Moriarty - Michael Caine

NapoleonSolo wrote:Sherlock Holmes -Gary Oldman
Watson - Colin Firth
Irene Adler - Jessica Chastain
Moriarty - Michael Caine
id die

Nolan and Sherlock is a match made in heaven but i don't think it will happen any time soon. would love to see his take on this later in his career, alas the above cast probably wouldn't work in that case

Holmes - Fassbender
Watson - Hardy
Moriarty - Cillian Murphy

Hate to be the guy (Actually I don't) but it clearly says "Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects."

The key word here is possible. Is there any reason to believe Nolan might direct a Sherlock Holmes movie? Any at all?

And there are tons of threads like this on this forum. You click on a thread called "Nolan Directing A Dystopian Future Film" which sounds official and then it's just some stupid fan wish. At least keep it to the "Nolan is perfect for directing..." thread or whatever it's called.

I'm grumpy.