The Films Nolan should direct

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
I mostly post stuff on the 'Interstellar'-forum.

So I am a new one to this forum/topic/whatever but I think Nolan should write, produce and direct this movie (if it actually ever will be made at all):

This is just my opinion.

Ericmase wrote:I mostly post stuff on the 'Interstellar'-forum.

So I am a new one to this forum/topic/whatever but I think Nolan should write, produce and direct this movie (if it actually ever will be made at all):

This is just my opinion.
This would be great, the Bioshock Universe deserves a movie (would love to see Bioshock: Infinite though)

He should make a film with Michael Caine in the leading role.

A Bond movie for sure. Hopefully the first one without Daniel Craig is directed by Nolan. Fassbender or Hardy please. A one-off would be cool.

I really want Nolan to do a horror film. I think it could be the closest thing this generation gets to a Shining experience.

shauner111 wrote:A Bond movie for sure. Hopefully the first one without Daniel Craig is directed by Nolan. Fassbender or Hardy please. A one-off would be cool.

I really want Nolan to do a horror film. I think it could be the closest thing this generation gets to a Shining experience.
Hopefully not a critical and fan reaction like it though…. But yeah I'd love for him to do a Shining esque horror flick and a western like Once Upon A Time in the West

He should do a medium-budget sci-fi/drama film in the lines of HER (2013) with a bigger postmodernist approach (similar to Memento). Nolan could very well do a film like this. Returning to the roots.

TDK_jackasstrange wrote:He should do a medium-budget sci-fi/drama film in the lines of HER (2013) with a bigger postmodernist approach (similar to Memento). Nolan could very well do a film like this. Returning to the roots.
I agree some-what with this. Maybe not like "Her" (an amazing film, don't get me wrong) but something more along the lines of "The Fountain" from 2006, directed by Darren Aronofsky. I hate to bring up that film all the time, because I don't want to come off as annoying, but I'm bringing it up here in this case is because if you watch that film, it's 'very' similar to Nolan's style. (At least in my opinion)

Without going into Vader-mode and posting a huge essay on the stylistic/narrative similarities, The Fountain has:

-Intricate narrative structure
-Ambiguity
-Raises many philosophical questions regarding human nature, obsession, spirituality, etc
-Emotional undertones and themes
-Flat out awesome

I'm not saying that's all it takes to make a film similar to Nolan's work, but that's just a bit of qualities it shares with films like Memento, The Prestige, and Inception.

I think the next film Nolan should direct should be one that he really wants to do.

ChristNolan wrote:I think the next film Nolan should direct should be one that he really wants to do.
Even if Nolan directed a film with 0% shits given... it would 'probably' still be better then a lot of films that are released these days. lulz

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
TDK_jackasstrange wrote:He should do a medium-budget sci-fi/drama film in the lines of HER (2013) with a bigger postmodernist approach (similar to Memento). Nolan could very well do a film like this. Returning to the roots.
I agree some-what with this. Maybe not like "Her" (an amazing film, don't get me wrong) but something more along the lines of "The Fountain" from 2006, directed by Darren Aronofsky. I hate to bring up that film all the time, because I don't want to come off as annoying, but I'm bringing it up here in this case is because if you watch that film, it's 'very' similar to Nolan's style. (At least in my opinion)

Without going into Vader-mode and posting a huge essay on the stylistic/narrative similarities, The Fountain has:

-Intricate narrative structure
-Ambiguity
-Raises many philosophical questions regarding human nature, obsession, spirituality, etc
-Emotional undertones and themes
-Flat out awesome

I'm not saying that's all it takes to make a film similar to Nolan's work, but that's just a bit of qualities it shares with films like Memento, The Prestige, and Inception.
Oh yeah, The Fountain is really great. However I didn't find it all that similar to Nolan's work. Is a bit too melodramatic in my opinion.