The Films Nolan should direct

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Based on what we've heard it'll either be

A horror or western as Nolan has said he's gonna tackle other genres and these are the big ones left. He's expressed interest in both.

The long awaited Hughes project. He's powerful enough that if he really wanted to do it I bet he could.

An old script he's been working on. He said he has a few Sci-Fi spec scripts. So if the sci fi bug is still itching then we could maybe see another. Otherwise he prob has tons of random ideas.

…..Any of these would be fantastic. If I had to guess, it'll be an adventure type film.

I'd definitely be up for a horror film revolving around a strong female character with Marion Cotillard playing the role.

I just want him to make a war film with massive battles.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:I just want him to make a war film with massive battles.
That'd be pretty cool. I think a WWI film would be right up his alley

Of course, Christopher Nolan has a carte blanche to make any films he wants in Hollywood, therefore it becomes impossible to predict what will be his next projects. But I have some kind of wishes about this:

- A screen adaptations of sci-fi classics - H.G. Wells and Ray Bradbury. Especially "The Martian Chronicles", "When the Sleeper Wakes", "A Sound of Thunder" and "The Time Machine". It would have been great to see Nolan's adaptation and vision of these magnificent sci-fi classics, especially with his directing style and an excellent vision of science fiction in general. This really is a perfect classic science fiction for Christopher Nolan as a writer and director. He could modify this novel to the ideal and direct an adaptation. I read this book a couple of times, and each time it just grabs me in its narrative. If he wants to continue working in the Sci-Fi genre, but wants to make an adaptation, not something original, it's one of the best choices that can be. And H.G. Wells is one of the best and beloved sci-fi writers. On a par with Ray Bradbury. This would be a great choice for Nolan.

- A film adaptation of "Mass Effect" videogames. Attention on the plot and characters in this games could really inspire Christopher. Mass Effect is the greatest games about space and very match the ambitions of Nolan himself. If he'll make Mass Effect movies, it just might be the ones of the greatest science fiction films in cinema history. Apparently, Nolan makes a brilliant movies about space (Considering the plot of Interstellar, it could even be called a prequel to Mass Effect).

- A film adaptation of "Fahrenheit" videogame. The style, atmosphere and plot of this game is very similar to the style, atmosphere and plot of Nolan's films, especially "Insomnia" and "The Prestige". Therefore it would be very interesting to see his adaptation of "Fahrenheit".

- The original projects, of course. It might be sci-fi, or thriller, or drama, or detective, or even fantasy or horror. Nolan proved by "Inception" that he perfectly makes the original films.

Also I want Christopher to return to cooperate with his remarkable cinematographer Wally Pfister and actors Christian Bale, Leonardo DiCaprio, Liam Neeson, Tom Hardy, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Aaron Eckhart, Hugh Jackman, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Guy Pearce, Al Pacino, Tom Wilkinson and wonderful actresses Marion Cotillard, Rebecca Hall, Carrie-Anne Moss and Hilary Swank.

These are my dreams, and I hope by all the forces that Christopher Nolan may feel what his die-hard fans wants :)

I think if Nolan's next project will be something original, he would make multi-genre movies about intelligence or computers. These two themes match his ambitions for the moment.

The project about the intellect can get a super-scale: how small ideas develop into huge ones on the interaction of natural and artificial intelligence, the process of self-awareness, and much more. After all, it all starts with intelligence. Intelligence - that's what made ​​the man and humanity just as we have. This opens space for the imagination ... This project can combine particle ideas of "Inception" with the scale of "Interstellar".

The film about computers, artificial intelligence, their internal and external structure and application can also get a mega-scale. It's like the whole world just inside every device. It's super-ambitious!

I've said it before and I'm gonna say it again:

DEATHNOTE
But I want it to be an original script not based on the manga

appletini wrote:DEATHNOTE
But I want it to be an original script not based on the manga
It should be about Light Yagami getting married, and had a wife. 'Had', because Light gets the Deathnote and kill his own wife. Or he kills his mother with the deathnote.

I'm just basing on Nolan's dead wife theme in each of his films.

Nolan is perfect for direct a Halo movie. Sci-fi, action...

He doesnt dig romance nor comedy.He has tackled sci fi,supernatural/fantasy,drama,action,thriller
the only big genres out there that's left is horror and western.
Im betting on a horror film.