The Exec

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Max
I've heard that he'll adapte the comics book "The Exec" by Doug Miers. Is anybody have more information about that ?

I've read something similar at Wikipedia, but it was a long time ago, so I don't know what's the situation now with that project. But I didn't know it's a comicbook :o

It has been scrapped as far as we, the public, are aware.

I can only hope that Nolan doesn't want to make Exec after Inception and before the third Batman-movie :D

If Inception is similar to this, I can't see him going ahead with this as they're both sci-fi action projects. However, if they're creatively different from each other, who knows. I do know though that Chris Nolan has been wanting to do this one for a while now and it's one of his most ambitious projects. Unlike Inception, it's being written by Jonah Nolan. Inception is supposedly "contemperary" while this is supposedly futuristic.

If he does do this, I can't see him taking it on for a long while.

DHOPW42 wrote:I can only hope that Nolan doesn't want to make Exec after Inception and before the third Batman-movie :D
In my opinion I want Nolan to do whatever film he wants after Inception as long as he writes/directs a Batman 3. But Warner Bros. says that they want Nolan to do a Batman 3 after Inception

Well i read the comic which is part of a trillogy Operator 99, The Taxman and The Exec.

I have only read Operator 99 and The Exec, but they are really good. Too short to be a film but I can see Nolan taking the concept and main lead from The Exec, like he did with Christopher Priest's The Prestige.

If I was to speculate I would believe that elements of the comic books series have been integrated into Inception.

That may well be the case, but I wouldn't mind seeing The Exec as a film by someone else as it has that Blade Runner and Total Recall feel to the story.

rbevanx wrote:That may well be the case, but I wouldn't mind seeing The Exec as a film by someone else as it has that Blade Runner and Total Recall feel to the story.
I haven't read the comic, but if it has that kind of feel to it then I'd say it would be a major influence in the creation of Inception which sounds somewhat familiar to The Exec considering the minute details about the film which have been released so far.