The Exec

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
This is great, but IMO he should wait to make this.

I love thrilling and high-action films as much as most people, but Nolan's last three movies by 2012 would be action-packed films. The Exec sounds like it will be similar in taste. I would rather see Nolan do a completely different genre (like western, horror, a period piece) and one that is original like Inception or Following.

Hell, it doesn't have to be completely original, he can do an adaptation in the same way he did with The Prestige. However, I would like to see a generally slower pace film from Nolan. He has proven to the world that he can to the action/thriller/sci-fi genres well and that he can do a good job consistently, I want to see if that consistency sticks when he changes direction.

But if he wants to do The Exec, then I will throw all my support at it just as I have every time he starts a new project.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

I kinda doubt he'll move too far down from big films, honestly.

It would be cool if maybe someone else directed Jonah's script for this and used the other 2 comics "Operator 99" and "Taxman" as backstory seen through flashbacks

Vader182 wrote:I kinda doubt he'll move too far down from big films, honestly.
This. I mean, I can vision him doing something like a Biopic, or some sort of dark thriller after The Dark Knight Rises on a lower budget, but he probably won't stray too far away from massive budget projects. He has all the power in the world now behind him, so it's likely he'll want to invest as much as possible into big Blockbuster style films.

I actually want to get these graphic novels so i can read them... but i can't seem to find them... i would like to see this adapted... as the premise sounds like a perfect science fiction action thriller film.

Would love to see this film. I heard it's a satire of the corporate world.

Z. Cobb wrote:I actually want to get these graphic novels so i can read them... but i can't seem to find them... i would like to see this adapted... as the premise sounds like a perfect science fiction action thriller film.
I guess the Nolan bros. consume a lot of literature, including comic books. The Exec must have been a short-lived series because I can't find it anywhere either.