Inception Sequel (?)

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48584
Hey folks, Harry here...

With INCEPTION making over $800 million world wide... it would seem pretty inevitable that they would continue... but I kind of hope that they wouldn't. The story had a deliberate ending and its magic that it wove over the audience that fell gaga in love with it, might sour if it was additionally complicated. BUT - if they are doing a sequel to CLASH OF THE TITANS remake... it'd seem like a no-brainer to do it with INCEPTION, but would Nolan do it? Without him, there'd be no point.

Also - the news that Hardy will not be wearing the Gimp mask - and is going from 168lbs to 196lbs - and we suppose that would be pure muscle gain... that's a pretty impressive difference. Not a lot, but every tidbit is a tad juicy to mull over.

-----------------------------
Hi Harry.

Hope you are feeling better mate

Tom hardy has just finished a tv interview on uk tv show Alan Carr chatty man. Not a great interview, but did give some nice little nuggets

Firstly he mentioned that he is signed for further inception movies. He was not sure if it would happen, but is signed up for it.

He also quickly talked about his role in the new batman movie. A picture was shown to the tv audience of Bain from the joel schumacher Batman and Robin. He made a point if saying Chris Nolans Bain would be a non-gimp mask wearing villain. He also mentioned he had 3 months to bulk up from is current frame of 12 stone to 14 stone to start filming in may.

As I said not much, but still interesting

Keep up the good work, from and old school reader

D1g1tel

Yeah, I was surprised while watching the interview as well. I'd actually love to see a sequel, as long as it lives up to the first one and it has the same return of characters and a fresh, new plot.

But that doesn't mean there will be one, though, I'd love to see a possibility of one.

apw
It's a non-story. Hardy even said it's a standard practise for an actor to sign sequel deals.

apw wrote:It's a non-story. Hardy even said it's a standard practise for an actor to sign sequel deals.
indeed
@sammyjankis88

apw wrote:It's a non-story. Hardy even said it's a standard practise for an actor to sign sequel deals.
Yeah, but it's still possible. But I highly doubt it at this point. If he's going ahead with a Howard Hughes Biopic, then a sequel would be put on hold. He did say he was interested in a video game sequel, though, didn't he?

Never the less, an Inception sequel would rock!

Mason01 wrote:
Yeah, but it's still possible. But I highly doubt it at this point. If he's going ahead with a Howard Hughes Biopic, then a sequel would be put on hold. He did say he was interested in a video game sequel, though, didn't he?

Sequel would not rock!!! Its better that Nolan wont make sequels and Inception was f**king perfect :P -it doesnt need a sequel 8-)

Yeah I watched the interview as well and he did mention this. It is standard practice as a precaution now. I think the cast of X-men didn't have these agreements and made further films very expensive and gave actors a bit too much power on what they wanted in the film which studios don't like. I remember hearing Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry would only be in the film if their parts were bigger. Sometimes it can cost the studio money.
The orginal Batman had Billy Dee Williams as Havery Dent and he only agreed to do it as he was told he would become Two Face in the future. The Max Shreck played by Chris Walken was the result of Billy Dee Williams trying to sue WB and they paid him a bit of money to shut him up.
I think Inception should be left alone as well but I wouldn't mind another film focusing on another chrachter if they had to do it or Nolan was on board.
Eames was my fav as well so he better be the lead if there is another one :D

But I would bet money the agreement he signed was for the game as well.

Mr. Caine wrote:
Mason01 wrote:

Sequel would not rock!!! Its better that Nolan wont make sequels and Inception was f**king perfect :P -it doesnt need a sequel 8-)
I'd like to see one. If done right, I think it would be amazing. Nor right now, it's to soon. Maybe in around eight years or so. I'd love it! 8-)

Mason01 wrote:
Mr. Caine wrote: Sequel would not rock!!! Its better that Nolan wont make sequels and Inception was f**king perfect :P -it doesnt need a sequel 8-)
I'd like to see one. If done right, I think it would be amazing. Nor right now, it's to soon. Maybe in around eight years or so. I'd love it! 8-)
If he does something like that-than I wish it would be a prequel or some sort of spin-off...

I'm torn between wanting more from this world Nolan has created and wanting to keep the good name of this great film alive. If Nolan did make a sequel sometime in the future, that'd be great. However I'd hope that any sequel would maintain the ambiguity of the ending by not bringing back DiCaprio.