WikiLeaks movie?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Der Spiegel journalist Holger Stark tweeted that, while he was in London visiting Julian Assange, director Christopher Nolan was in his office casting locations for DreamWorks' WikiLeaks movie.

https://twitter.com/holger_stark/status ... 8551400448

apparently based on Daniel Domscheit-Berg book "Inside WikiLeaks"
@sammyjankis88

WHAAAAAAAAT!!!
Sigs???

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v33/n02/slavoj-ziz ... -wikileaks
Here Slavoj Zizek (after making an analogy to TDK) even points out the importance of the Wikileaks issue as an act against any kind of functioning power and the hazzards of that. That as a theme relates a lot to TDKR and the 'warning' overtones of the message and references to the french revolution. So if Nolan really is onto this I bet the movie will shift accents between the Prestige-like relationship between Julian Assange and Domscheit and the realization of the true essence of Wikileaks and eventually a dark image of the consequences (misunderstandings, tension and prejudice against any kind of power resulting into impending revolution?)

EDIT: damn it no one is paying attention to this thread because no one suspects it has anything to do with Nolan

meanwhile I'm freaking out over here...

Well, that would be better than another blockbuster.

What's the whole WikiKeaks story anyway?
Sigs???

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:What's the whole WikiKeaks story anyway?
2nd post, EDIT3

Nolan? What? Incroyable.

Edit:

In all honesty, I'm not particularly interested in a Wikileaks film, I think it's unnecessary. But what I do find interesting is Christopher Nolan, very interesting.
Last edited by Cop 223 on November 13th, 2012, 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do you... like pineapple?

prince0gotham wrote:http://www.lrb.co.uk/v33/n02/slavoj-ziz ... -wikileaks
Here Slavoj Zizek (after making an analogy to TDK) even points out the importance of the Wikileaks issue as an act against any kind of functioning power and the hazzards of that. That as a theme relates a lot to TDKR and the 'warning' overtones of the message and references to the french revolution. So if Nolan really is onto this I bet the movie will shift accents between the Prestige-like relationship between Julian Assange and Domscheit and the realization of the true essence of Wikileaks and eventually a dark image of the consequences (misunderstandings, tension and prejudice against any kind of power resulting into impending revolution?)

EDIT: damn it no one is paying attention to this thread because no one suspects it has anything to do with Nolan

the quote from the link in ur first post first edit
The Dreamworks production will be helmed by The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn director Bill Condon and is likely to go into production in the early part of 2013.
dunt that means nolan wont be directing?

Mr. Caine wrote:
prince0gotham wrote:http://www.lrb.co.uk/v33/n02/slavoj-ziz ... -wikileaks

the quote from the link in ur first post first edit
The Dreamworks production will be helmed by The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn director Bill Condon and is likely to go into production in the early part of 2013.
dunt that means nolan wont be directing?
It says 'likely'. Plus I don't see how THAT guy could be handed a serious project like this, so I got no idea where they got that from. I'd trust the Cumby/McCavoy casting info, not the director for some reason. Unless Nolan just produces the movie, but why would the producer do the casting? It's probably been done but it wouldn't make sense if we still don't know the director. And it makes total sense for Nolan of all people to be taking some serious steps way before anyone ever announces it officially.

And I don't get why anyone wouldn't be interested in the Wikileaks story. It's rich in a lot of complicated themes to tackle (a lot of which are second nature to Nolan already), it's actual, it's new genre for Nolan (a biopic of a kind after all). It's signifficant and could be the next Network with overtones of The Insider.