Film Version of Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns"?

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
I know that Warner's plans a "beboot" of Batman, and it probably won't have Gordon-Levett as the Caped Crusader.

But here's what I'd pay good money to see.

Ten years from now, Nolan makes a film version of Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns."

Bale could play Bruce as an older man--with makeup, it could look like it's 20 years after TDKR.

He' married to Selina, he's got kids. But he comes out of retirement, NOT to do the fighting--to train an army of "Sons of the Batman" to do the fighting, just like in the graphic novel.

And if he kicks an older Superman's butt, well that's just one more reason to do the film.

Just an idea. Anyone agree?

TDKR pretty much was Nolan's The Dark Knight Returns. Batman returned to Gotham in in TDKR as he did in The Dark Knight Returns.

mratm23 wrote:TDKR pretty much was Nolan's The Dark Knight Returns. Batman returned to Gotham in in TDKR as he did in The Dark Knight Returns.
Yeah, I know that. I just meant it would be wild to see Bale play an old man returning again to fight.