[SPOILER TDKR] Batman reboot theory

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Threshold wrote:
Red Hood wrote:I want a Batman Beyond film.
But no-one else does.
I understand why a lot of people don't want it to happen, but if it's executed perfectly, it can be as good as Batman Begins.

Batman Beyond is fantastic. I absolutely love Bruce Wayne, but after Nolan's swan song, I don't think anyone wants to see a direct attempt to accomplish what Nolan did with his masterful trilogy. Warner Bros. can't go back to cheesy Batman or the realism associated with the Nolanverse.

The Batman franchise needs a fresh take. Not only is Gotham completely different in Batman Beyond, but so is the new Batman. Terry is an interesting hybrid of Spiderman and Bruce Wayne.

Batman Beyond has great potential. However, the main issue with a Batman Beyond reboot would be Bruce Wayne. In the series, Bruce Wayne is extremely important.
Casting would be extremely hard since Christian Bale is clearly out of the picture. Also, the old, retired Bruce Wayne scenario would feel a bit redundant given the fact that the first 1/2 hour of TDKR was all about a relatively old, retired Bruce Wayne.
:batface:

I'm all up for a John Blake Batman film or films as long as Chris, David, and Jonah it.

The final scene (and, to be honest, the entire development of the "John Blake" character) so perfectly sets up a continuation that the "Powers That Be" at TimeWarner Entertainment would be insane not to capitalize on it. The "Nolan Batman" franchise has become a cinematic legend, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt is a hot commodity in the acting world. To pass up this opportunity would be beyond insane; it would be criminal.

I was not aware that Christopher Nolan would be producing the successor to his franchise. Why does this make me nervous? It's not like we've ever seen a good Batman director produce a bad sequel to his films, have we?

Produced by Tim Burton

BigIslandYU2 wrote: I was not aware that Christopher Nolan would be producing the successor to his franchise. Why does this make me nervous? It's not like we've ever seen a good Batman director produce a bad sequel to his films, have we?
Don't worry. Burton isn't as good a director as Nolan.

JMan wrote:
BigIslandYU2 wrote: I was not aware that Christopher Nolan would be producing the successor to his franchise. Why does this make me nervous? It's not like we've ever seen a good Batman director produce a bad sequel to his films, have we?
Don't worry. Burton isn't as good a director as Nolan.
Duly noted.

My friend at work seems to think that
the Batman reboot will be set in Nolan's universe, despite me telling him OVER AND OVER that this universe is done with.

in the ending of TDKR , they revealed John Blake as "Robin" , so why would they make Robin as Batman in the reboot.sequel? (does that happen in the comics?)

There has happened a lot in the Nolan universe that didn't happen in the comic.

For instance:
Dick Grayson is the real name of Robin, Robin is just a nickname.
John Blake's real name is Robin. John is just a name he took over for some reason.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Erik wrote:There has happened a lot in the Nolan universe that didn't happen in the comic.

For instance:
Dick Grayson is the real name of Robin, Robin is just a nickname.
John Blake's real name is Robin. John is just a name he took over for some reason.
I guess the only reason he did that, was to Introduce the "Robin twist" in the ending...