Nolan's next film to star Michael Caine!

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
the remake of the remake of Sleuth with Tom Hardy in the role of the young guy ahahh

lionsaulter wrote:the remake of the remake of Sleuth with Tom Hardy in the role of the young guy ahahh
Actually I think Jude Law was perfect for that role.

Master Virgo wrote:
lionsaulter wrote:the remake of the remake of Sleuth with Tom Hardy in the role of the young guy ahahh
yeah he was great, i liked the remake of sleuth it was just... different

This is almost a surprising as when Wes Anderson used Bill Murray.

Master Virgo wrote:
After seeing the brilliance of the original film, I just couldn't stand seeing what Kenneth Branagh did with it. It lost the beauty of the original, especially the little eccentricities of Andrew Wyke, and so I couldn't stand it.

But that's off topic.

If Nolan's film does star Caine, I would be ecstatic. I don't think it will be a film set in space, but rather a more intimate film, like The Prestige - something very character driven like that, more so than the action blockbusters he has made since, would be most fitting with Caine as the lead, and also it would give Nolan a break from the crazy large crews and gigantic budgets. I think he would like that.

I want to see Michael Caine play James Bond.

Michael Caine as Q from James Bond maybe?
"When art imitates life"

jesse wrote:I want to see Michael Caine play James Bond.
That would be a bold move... however... i reckon they are going to build on what Skyfall is doing.

Tom Hardy -- James Bond
Michael Caine -- Q
Cillian Murphy -- Villain
Marion Cotillard -- Bond Girl