Nolan's Next Film

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Damn it. Signed up to see if anyone has news on what Nolan will be doing next. :lol:

XdreamsY wrote:
June 17th, 2018, 10:12 pm
Damn it. Signed up to see if anyone has news on what Nolan will be doing next. :lol:
that's my daily routine :wave: :gonf:

iieee wrote:
June 18th, 2018, 8:36 am
XdreamsY wrote:
June 17th, 2018, 10:12 pm
that's my daily routine :wave: :gonf:
Plus the forum feels like it's dying. But any serious film scholar types here or folks who are seriously into making it in the film industry?

Sanchez wrote:
June 15th, 2018, 6:16 pm
A late 2019 movie could still happen. I'm not betting against it quite yet.
No way. Nolan releases a teaser a year out and Interstellar was announced Jan 2013. We would have known a long time ago if we were getting something late 2019.

Both Inception and Dunkirk were announced about a year and a half before they were released. If he has finished the script it's definitely possible still.

After the huge success of Dunkirk which was a shorter movie with a shorter script and a smaller budget (than what he's used to) I could easily see him do something like that again. And what do we know, maybe he got a good taste of the awards season this year and want to make an even stronger contender with a late in the year release.

He doesn't make films with award season in mind

I know, I'm just saying. My point is it's too early to completely write off next year quite yet. Not saying it's very likely of course.

I still want my entirely IMAX home invasion horror thriller.

I'd like to offer fourteen ideas on what could be next... though it'll probably end up being none of them. Who knows? It would be kind of funny if it was indeed one of these.

I have a feeling Reminiscence is a possibility. ;)
https://variety.com/2013/film/news/lege ... 200724859/

I also wonder if WB is still interested in pursuing Joseph Gordon-Levitt and DC's The Sandman. A WB/DC property starring JGL involving dreams? :thumbup:

I can see Nolan taking on Stephen King's The Stand too. WB has been trying to get that going with Ben Affleck and David Yates and Josh Boone circling it in the past. Plus, cashing in on the recent Stephen King craze. It's also a book on Murph's shelf in Interstellar.

I wonder if WB has talked to Nolan about Akira... Big franchise opportunity there.

We've also got some screenplays for films that never got made:

Jonathan Nolan's Hell and Gone.
http://www.nolanfans.com/2010/11/09/j-b ... -and-gone/

Chris Nolan's Citizen Hughes and The Keys to the Street.

There's also Stanley Kubrick's unmade Napoleon project. That'd be something. Spielberg did a similar thing when he took over A.I. Nolan took over Interstellar for Spielberg.

I also wonder if Michael Bay will actually end up making Robopocalypse. That was also an abandoned Spielberg project like Interstellar was, and Anne Hathway was in talks to star. :think:

Three more unlikely possibilities:

Batman 4 with Bale. If WB is desperate enough and Nolan/Bale get an insane offer. But this will mostly likely never happen.

James Bond, with or without Daniel Craig. This doesn't appear to be the next thing on the horizon, but it's probably in the cards someday...

Inception 2. Why not? WB needs a franchise now that DC is sort of on a teeter totter.

An "out there" idea: I wouldn't be shocked if Nolan helmed the newly announced The Tommyknockers with James Wan producing and WB/Blumhouse involved. There doesn't appear to be a director announced yet. And I might be crazy, but Nolan and Stephen King seem like a match made in heaven.

One more. That reboot/prequel of The Matrix with Michael B. Jordan as Morpheus. A sci-fi epic, a major influence on Inception, cutting edge special effects... Seems to be in Nolan's wheelhouse. And, yet another attempt by WB to get a franchise going / going again.

Angus wrote:
July 3rd, 2018, 4:49 pm
I'd like to offer fourteen ideas on what could be next... though it'll probably end up being none of them. Who knows? It would be kind of funny if it was indeed one of these.

I have a feeling Reminiscence is a possibility. ;)
https://variety.com/2013/film/news/lege ... 200724859/

I also wonder if WB is still interested in pursuing Joseph Gordon-Levitt and DC's The Sandman. A WB/DC property starring JGL involving dreams? :thumbup:

I can see Nolan taking on Stephen King's The Stand too. WB has been trying to get that going with Ben Affleck and David Yates and Josh Boone circling it in the past. Plus, cashing in on the recent Stephen King craze. It's also a book on Murph's shelf in Interstellar.

I wonder if WB has talked to Nolan about Akira... Big franchise opportunity there.

We've also got some screenplays for films that never got made:

Jonathan Nolan's Hell and Gone.
http://www.nolanfans.com/2010/11/09/j-b ... -and-gone/

Chris Nolan's Citizen Hughes and The Keys to the Street.

There's also Stanley Kubrick's unmade Napoleon project. That'd be something. Spielberg did a similar thing when he took over A.I. Nolan took over Interstellar for Spielberg.

I also wonder if Michael Bay will actually end up making Robopocalypse. That was also an abandoned Spielberg project like Interstellar was, and Anne Hathway was in talks to star. :think:

Three more unlikely possibilities:

Batman 4 with Bale. If WB is desperate enough and Nolan/Bale get an insane offer. But this will mostly likely never happen.

James Bond, with or without Daniel Craig. This doesn't appear to be the next thing on the horizon, but it's probably in the cards someday...

Inception 2. Why not? WB needs a franchise now that DC is sort of on a teeter totter.

An "out there" idea: I wouldn't be shocked if Nolan helmed the newly announced The Tommyknockers with James Wan producing and WB/Blumhouse involved. There doesn't appear to be a director announced yet. And I might be crazy, but Nolan and Stephen King seem like a match made in heaven.

One more. That reboot/prequel of The Matrix with Michael B. Jordan as Morpheus. A sci-fi epic, a major influence on Inception, cutting edge special effects... Seems to be in Nolan's wheelhouse. And, yet another attempt by WB to get a franchise going / going again.
Nolan has completly finished with superheroes, he was very clear about that so no, and it's better like this. There's a big chance that it will be nothing of all of these propositions.