Nolan's Next Film

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
Nolan62 wrote:
May 15th, 2018, 12:38 pm
he seems to write something whitout his brother again.
Obviously. Between Westworld and The Peripheral, Jonah is probably not gonna work with Chris for a long time.

Nolan62 wrote:
A little bit of information about his next project here :
https://www.sfchronicle.com/entertainme ... 915867.php
Meanwhile, Nolan has been slowly working on writing his follow-up to "Dunkirk." He hasn't gotten "terribly far," he says chuckling.
"I have learned through this experience that if you're trying to write a script, watching '2001' every week is not the best way," Nolan says. "It's a little daunting."
So it's not for now, but he seems to write something whitout his brother again.
So no new movie until 2020 at the earliest? :cry:

I would love to see something about deja vu.

Dobson wrote:
May 15th, 2018, 2:22 pm
Nolan62 wrote:
A little bit of information about his next project here :
https://www.sfchronicle.com/entertainme ... 915867.php
Meanwhile, Nolan has been slowly working on writing his follow-up to "Dunkirk." He hasn't gotten "terribly far," he says chuckling.
"I have learned through this experience that if you're trying to write a script, watching '2001' every week is not the best way," Nolan says. "It's a little daunting."
So it's not for now, but he seems to write something whitout his brother again.
So no new movie until 2020 at the earliest? :cry:
That's a very scary thought because he might be beginning to write Bond 26 and knows he has no rush to get it out since it won't be until 2021 or 2022. I don't want him to stall for that...

Put out an original film in 2019, begin Bond after.

3 originals/standalones -> begin franchise A -> original -> continue franchise A -> original -> final franchise A film -> 3 originals/standalones -> begin franchise B

-> film about animal on human sports team A -> film about animal on human sports team B -> retire

If we go the entire year through without any announcements I'm gonna cry.

So we didn't get the usual announcement about the next Nolan film because he's been watching 2001 over and over again? It's almost as if he's had to write a school assignment but ended up binge-watching YouTube videos instead. Still, I think he doesn't have ALL the time to write this script (or story, or whatever stage he has to do before an official announcement) - I would bet that we should get info about his new project no later than Autumn.

DHOPW42 wrote:
May 18th, 2018, 2:24 am
So we didn't get the usual announcement about the next Nolan film because he's been watching 2001 over and over again? It's almost as if he's had to write a school assignment but ended up binge-watching YouTube videos instead. Still, I think he doesn't have ALL the time to write this script (or story, or whatever stage he has to do before an official announcement) - I would bet that we should get info about his new project no later than Autumn.
Also, holy cow, I will probably turn 10 on these forums by the time that happens...

sebal24 wrote:
March 13th, 2018, 6:48 pm
He will do an underwater film.

Nolan said that he would like to explore more about aircrafts after TDKR, and we can see Interstellar and Dunkirk doing that. Also, Dunkirk has little underwater scenes...
So... my conclusion... Submarine movie. :blank:
An IMAX "Jaws"-type horror movie about the depth of the ocean.