The Films Nolan should direct

Speculation and discussion about Christopher Nolan's possible and confirmed future projects.
ComptonTerry wrote:Actually the next one would "Interglactic". Idk what would be beyond that... Interdimensional?
Well, yeah, but the plot of Interstellar was already about an intergalactic travel.

LelekPL wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:Actually the next one would "Interglactic". Idk what would be beyond that... Interdimensional?
Well, yeah, but the plot of Interstellar was already about an intergalactic travel.
More galactics, more travels, more Nolan's magic...

How about He directs Sherlock Holmes.
Sherlock - Christian bale/Matthew McConaughey
Moriarty - Leonardo DiCaprio

:D :D

avdhoot wrote:How about He directs Sherlock Holmes.
Sherlock - Christian bale/Matthew McConaughey
Moriarty - Leonardo DiCaprio

:D :D

It would be great if Nolan direct an adaptation of "The Time Machine" novel by H.G. Wells. This book belongs to a not very large group of books that can fit Nolan's ambitions, scales and ideas. It may seem a little bit fantastic to Nolan, but it is a sci-fi classic.

Also, although it doesn't seem likely, I would have died with delight if Nolan put on an adaptation of The Walking Dead Games. Considering how skillfully he works with the emotional component and link it with the action, it would be more than great to see him working on this.

I want Christopher very much to make a film adaptation of "The Stand" by Stephen King. He even put this book on Murph's bookcase in Interstellar as a reference. He is a perfect director for this, I think.

Nolan as a director + Christian Bale/Hugh Jackman as Stuart Redman + Matthew McConaughey as Randall Flagg + Joey King as Franny Goldsmith + Freddie Highmore as Nick Andros + Wes Bentley as Larry Underwood + Matt Damon as Lloyd Henreid + Marion Cotillard as Nadine Cross + Michael Caine/Gary Oldman as Glen Bateman + Cillian Murphy as Campion = Perfect "Stand"!

Lord Shade wrote:I want Christopher very much to make a film adaptation of "The Stand" by Stephen King. He even put this book on Murph's bookcase in Interstellar as a reference. He is a perfect director for this, I think.

Nolan as a director + Christian Bale/Hugh Jackman as Stuart Redman + Matthew McConaughey as Randall Flagg + Joey King as Franny Goldsmith + Freddie Highmore as Nick Andros + Wes Bentley as Larry Underwood + Matt Damon as Lloyd Henreid + Marion Cotillard as Nadine Cross + Michael Caine/Gary Oldman as Glen Bateman + Cillian Murphy as Campion = Perfect "Stand"!

So, this is funny, because I think this is actually going to be his next project. First, the seed was planted with the obvious references in Interstellar. But secondly, I noticed he mentioned the book a couple of times in his interviews as being one of his favorite. He's also given signs that he would be totally open to directing other properties that might be a series. Further, it's Warners who has the rights to the project and has been negotiating a 4 picture option with Josh Boone (The Fault in the Stars) directing, and McConaughey playing Randall Flagg. Rumor has it McConaughey has actually committed to the project already.

Here's where I think things are interesting. Boone just announced he's headed to Fox instead (which is weird because he was very excited about this project in other interviews). Something didn't work out. He'll be directing an X-Men spinoff film. Now, sure, it's possible that he's just waiting on the script to get hammered out. But...who else do we know who is working on hammering out a script?

I just have a good feeling Nolan's taking over this project. I'd be surprised if he needs 4 pictures to tell this story (I know the book is big...but 4 is ridiculous. I think Chris could get it right in 2 or in one 3 hour picture.)

I would love to see a Roman-era set film. As well as a Viking film and a courtroom drama.

A movie spin-off of Jonah's Person of Interest ...
would be cool to see where Chris would take it.. (possibly in some dystopian setting)