(Video) Pfister @ IdeaJam event

Wally Pfister and Hoyte van Hoytema

Is it me or is the video feed extraordinarily jittery?

Thanks for posting regardless, I'm really in it for what he's saying.

Did this man say they don't use a shot list and barely any storyboards? Wow...

LMFAO! He totally dissed Hooper for those ludicrous composition choices. I totally agree with him.

I can't believe that such a Pfister fan as yourself didn't know that!
LMFAO! He totally dissed Hooper for those ludicrous composition choices. I totally agree with him.
I know! The shot he referred to has always pissed me off; awesome he mentioned it. The entire film's framing wasn't anything special in my opinion... hence why I was ticket when Hooper won best director.

Crazy Eight wrote:
I know! The shot he referred to has always pissed me off; awesome he mentioned it. The entire film's framing wasn't anything special in my opinion... hence why I was ticket when Hooper won best director.
A buddy of mine came up with a reasoning for why it was framed as such, but it still annoyed me.

RomanM wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:

A buddy of mine came up with a reasoning for why it was framed as such, but it still annoyed me.
What was the reasoning? I haven't seen the film still, but remember seeing from clips these absurd shots he mentioned. Wally's such a badass, haha.

The shots are the way they are to symbolize the awkwardness and uneasiness he feels when he has to speak. The angles and framing are suppose to impose the feeling Firth's character is having on the audience.

You mean these kinda shots? Obviously Hooper knows more about cinematography than I do but they seemed out of place, imo.

Ah, this is really great! Wally is such an awesome guy!

what did that guy ask about TDKR around the 36. min?

thrice wrote:what did that guy ask about TDKR around the 36. min?
it is impossible to figure that out - crowd was almost completely mute

anyway great video, thanks for posting
RomanM wrote:The shots are the way they are to symbolize the awkwardness and uneasiness he feels when he has to speak. The angles and framing are suppose to impose the feeling Firth's character is having on the audience.
this really makes sense

why didn't Pfister thought of that since he was talking so much about the importance of each shot storywise? I guess he just didn't get the movie, then :roll: