(Video) Pfister Q&A at UCLA

Wally Pfister and Hoyte van Hoytema
allstarr55js wrote:
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHH!!! LMAOOO! Thanks for the laugh kiddo!
It is not that funny. Wally has this Deakins does not.
Nolan hasn't gone one of those either, heck he wasn't even nominated. Surely Tom Hooper is a better director by your logic.

TROLL AGAIN NEXT TIME.

I'm not even going to engage in a debate over cinematography with you.

Of course you cannot judge who is better just by winning an Oscar, I was just using that as an example that the opinion of thinking Wally is better is not absurd as you made it out to be. I am not trolling... It is not a big deal I think Wally is better.
Last edited by Allstar on March 10th, 2011, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Your cover's already blown the troll alarm has been rung. BYE.

Crazy: Naw, I'm not going that far. The Phantom is not known for, but is known for having issues with black levels and monitoring. He should at least try the best before making some of the comments he's made. He's made some pretty disparaging and outright false claims about Digital Cinematography.

Your cover's already blown the troll alarm has been rung. BYE.
Ok thanks for responding to my valid point kiddo.

Jesse James trumps anything Wally has ever done.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Jesse James trumps anything Wally has ever done.
I was going to say that, but I'm glad you did.

Deakins could have won for Fargo, Shawshank, and SHOULD have won for Assassination of Jesse James. Stupidly beautiful film. The people voting for Oscars in the category of cinematography don't know what they're doing anyway. ASC is a better judge, real cinematographers deciding.

RomanM wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Jesse James trumps anything Wally has ever done.

Deakins could have won for Fargo, Shawshank, and SHOULD have won for Assassination of Jesse James. Stupidly beautiful film. The people voting for Oscars in the category of cinematography don't know what they're doing anyway. ASC is a better judge, real cinematographers deciding.
Actually I change my vote Roman is a clown Wally is much better then Deakins.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
RomanM wrote:

Actually I change my vote Roman is a clown Wally is much better then Deakins.
This isn't Florida! None of this vote swap/recount nonsense!

P.S It's perfectly fine to like Wally more than Deakins. Personal preference, but the original statement really had nothing to do with the discussion at hand and the following post was full of troll. Pfister is my second favorite photographer behind Deakins anyway.

Deakins
Pfister
Kaminski
Miranda
Hurlbut

Honestly you are a troll a lot of the time.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Honestly you are a troll a lot of the time.
Nah NEVER TROLL BABY! Always WINNING.