Director Man of Steel?

Christopher's younger brother and writer of several of his films.
I'm personally none the happier if Jonathan gets the directorial gig. Hes unproven as a director and personally, I don't see how Warner could sign him simply because his last name is Nolan. We all know what happened to Matthew Nolan.

niniendowarrior wrote:I'm personally none the happier if Jonathan gets the directorial gig. Hes unproven as a director and personally, I don't see how Warner could sign him simply because his last name is Nolan. We all know what happened to Matthew Nolan.
At least Jonah has experience in film-making. Matthew is in jail, they are hardly comparable.
Last edited by chee on July 26th, 2010, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes, he is unproven as a director, but he's had to have picked up something in the last 13 years of working with his brother. I am also unsure if WB would actually let him do this because he has no experience, but it doesn't mean that he couldn't do a good job. He likely thinks like his brother and he sure knows how to tell a story.

Sammy_Jankis wrote:To place such a big franchise in the hands of a man with zero directorial experience would be a huge gamble. I can't see it happening.
Well to be honest he seems to be better writer than Christopher Nolan and honestly just as much nolan ask for his opinions he could do the same, is not like he have not seen his brother in action, I think it could work considering his previous works.

Alterno wrote:
Sammy_Jankis wrote:To place such a big franchise in the hands of a man with zero directorial experience would be a huge gamble. I can't see it happening.
Well to be honest he seems to be better writer than Christopher Nolan and honestly just as much nolan ask for his opinions he could do the same, is not like he have not seen his brother in action, I think it could work considering his previous works.
Isn't David Goyer writing it, though? I haven't heard that he is co-writing it yet.

Alterno wrote: Well to be honest he seems to be better writer than Christopher Nolan and honestly just as much nolan ask for his opinions he could do the same, is not like he have not seen his brother in action, I think it could work considering his previous works.
I wouldn't go so far as to say Jonathan is a better writer. He is surely a great one, but I find that Nolan's best dialogue comes from the films he worked on alone (Inception and Following). Jonathan is good himself, but since we don't have any screenplay's he wrote by himself its hard to judge him on his own merits. We don't know what came from him or what came from Chris.

theweatherman wrote:
Alterno wrote: Well to be honest he seems to be better writer than Christopher Nolan and honestly just as much nolan ask for his opinions he could do the same, is not like he have not seen his brother in action, I think it could work considering his previous works.
I wouldn't go so far as to say Jonathan is a better writer. He is surely a great one, but I find that Nolan's best dialogue comes from the films he worked on alone (Inception and Following). Jonathan is good himself, but since we don't have any screenplay's he wrote by himself its hard to judge him on his own merits. We don't know what came from him or what came from Chris.
He's certainly a very good writer of short stories if Memento is anything to go by. I see what you're saying though. I'd really like to see the Exec screenplay, which I think he was credited as the sole writer on.

Bueller wrote: He's certainly a very good writer of short stories if Memento is anything to go by. I see what you're saying though. I'd really like to see the Exec screenplay, which I think he was credited as the sole writer on.
Yeah the short story "Memento Mori" however that doesn't necessarily translate to great screenwriting. I expect he is great, but it is hard to know since all we have are collaborations that he has worked on.

fucking hope so, I'd like to see what he an do.

Image "Don't worry guys, I'm pretty awesome."
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.