Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

In the first one, you can hear traces of 'Root of all Evil', without the guitar bits.

I'm still not a fan of the S5 cover art. But that complete season cover looks good though. Also, kinda wished i didn't watched the Episode 10 sneak peek. And i also like that Djawadi's music is more subtle this season.

About the buzzfeed article:
Going into Season 5, “there was a conversation about the amount of stand-alone versus serialized storytelling that, somewhat to my surprise, remained something of importance to them,” Nolan said. “And to the degree that there are compromises in this final season, it’s in that area. I wish we’d had a few more episodes to continue telling the bigger story. But I’m very, very proud of what we did.”
Well played CBS, well played.

GeneMod wrote:I realised after watching QSO and Reassortment that this season has been really depressing. They've had two victories so far:
1) Getting a sample of Samaritan's code in 503
2) "Four Alarm Fire"
In the case of number 1, this lead to the realisation the Machine is no match for Samaritan at all. How many simulations have there been now? Like, several billion? The Machine clone has lost every single one. If that isn't disheartening, I don't know what is.
In the case of number 2, Root has no way of really knowing if Shaw understood her message or even if she got it. Of course, we know Shaw did get it and that it stopped her from committing suicide, but that doesn't change the fact she was going to kill herself.
By the way, I do think the overall quality of this season has been fantastic. I also think it's some of the most subtly depressing television I've watched in a long time.
For what it's worth, QSO and Reassortment each end on a note of optimism, and I'd add Shaw's escape to the victories.

Whistler wrote:
GeneMod wrote:I realised after watching QSO and Reassortment that this season has been really depressing. They've had two victories so far:
1) Getting a sample of Samaritan's code in 503
2) "Four Alarm Fire"
In the case of number 1, this lead to the realisation the Machine is no match for Samaritan at all. How many simulations have there been now? Like, several billion? The Machine clone has lost every single one. If that isn't disheartening, I don't know what is.
In the case of number 2, Root has no way of really knowing if Shaw understood her message or even if she got it. Of course, we know Shaw did get it and that it stopped her from committing suicide, but that doesn't change the fact she was going to kill herself.
By the way, I do think the overall quality of this season has been fantastic. I also think it's some of the most subtly depressing television I've watched in a long time.
For what it's worth, QSO and Reassortment each end on a note of optimism, and I'd add Shaw's escape to the victories.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Jonah & Greg did a roundtable session with a bunch of others on AI/surveillance earlier this week. Audio available here.

Best... Episode... Ever. Love this gif i found

I think it would be nice if we could get an "essential" list of episodes.
When the series finish, I would like to see just those episodes.

sebal24 wrote:I think it would be nice if we could get an "essential" list of episodes.
When the series finish, I would like to see just those episodes.
I'm pretty sure reddit would cover that after S5 is finished.