Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ChrisTilford wrote:In their series of career rundown interviews, AV Club did one with Enrico Colantoni. He fondly looks back on his stint as Elias, too.
His character was a constant joy till the end, Was a factor in some major episodes in the series. The Devil You Know imo was the best episode retaining to his character and his relationship with Anthony and Bruce ( who would turn up later ).
Its funny, on twitter i tend to see some forget about that episode, that was an fantastic episode. I liked the balance between Elias/Anthony's story and Martine's Hunt for Root/Shaw.

POI's 5th and Final season released on dvd/bluray released today. I didn't pay extra so i have to wait for amazing to send it to me next week... ugh

A friend suggested an alternate way for Amy to physically play a character, if the show were to be rebooted. Rather than go with uploading The Machine into Root's corpse (which maybe under suspended animation), be cooler if they re-downloaded her memories into a hubot in her likeness. Pushing the science fiction aspect more, as well as the idea of 'death as a memory can't be stored.'

Im shocked, my Season 5 dvd got here faster then i expected from Amazon. I thought i would be waiting till next week!

So it's already been more than a month since the series finale...

Havoc1st wrote:So it's already been more than a month since the series finale...
I was gonna post the same thing lol... She will forever be watching

With regards to a potential reboot on Netflix or whatever, was thinking about how it could be structured. Occurred to me, that they could try to do so as a 5 part miniseries, which is largely conceptual. With the first four ones each focusing on one particular aspect, and everything culminates in the last one. The ones not in center stage in each episode, can have small beats play out in the background. Sorta like Black Mirror, mixed a bit with The Leftovers, each piece being 75-90 minutes. Here's how I'd do it.

6x1: Team Machine. Shaw, Fusco, & whoever else they've enlisted for this purpose. Introduce a wrinkle in the background, which co-incides as a B-Plot of the following parts.

6x2: The Government. Now that they no longer have an AI, they'll be looking to get another one to safeguard national security. This one's heavy on political science fiction, with the stuff pertaining to proliferation, clashes with the private sector, ethics & so on.

6x3: What's left of Samaritan. Garrison indicated those under Samaritan were all 'reassigned'. Show how they're coping with this. Some could've moved on, some are pretty damaged (as this ASI gave them purpose), & many (Mona, Travers) could be pretty vindictive, & intend to do something about it.

6x4: Finch. He might have the life he wanted, but it's only a matter of time before it starts to unravel, & The Machine gets to him again. They could try doing simulations here on what's about to happen, & that would motivate him to prevent it. Control could also be re-introduced through this one, with TM leading him to her.

6x5: All of these storylines converge, & everything goes to hell.

ChrisTilford wrote:With regards to a potential reboot on Netflix or whatever, was thinking about how it could be structured. Occurred to me, that they could try to do so as a 5 part miniseries, which is largely conceptual. With the first four ones each focusing on one particular aspect, and everything culminates in the last one. The ones not in center stage in each episode, can have small beats play out in the background. Sorta like Black Mirror, mixed a bit with The Leftovers, each piece being 75-90 minutes. Here's how I'd do it.

6x1: Team Machine. Shaw, Fusco, & whoever else they've enlisted for this purpose. Introduce a wrinkle in the background, which co-incides as a B-Plot of the following parts.

6x2: The Government. Now that they no longer have an AI, they'll be looking to get another one to safeguard national security. This one's heavy on political science fiction, with the stuff pertaining to proliferation, clashes with the private sector, ethics & so on.

6x3: What's left of Samaritan. Garrison indicated those under Samaritan were all 'reassigned'. Show how they're coping with this. Some could've moved on, some are pretty damaged (as this ASI gave them purpose), & many (Mona, Travers) could be pretty vindictive, & intend to do something about it.

6x4: Finch. He might have the life he wanted, but it's only a matter of time before it starts to unravel, & The Machine gets to him again. They could try doing simulations here on what's about to happen, & that would motivate him to prevent it. Control could also be re-introduced through this one, with TM leading him to her.

6x5: All of these storylines converge, & everything goes to hell.
Would love this, i miss POI so bad. Outside of the fantastic eight episode run of Stranger Things, i haven't touched another full on drama.

The full ATX panel (much better quality, as it's from the official site).

Melissa Scrivner Love has her debut crime thriller novel Lola coming out March 21, 2017.