Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ChrisTilford wrote:Not sure if they're bluffing, but Jonah & Greg also indicated that the NiN song that closed 510, is the last one with outside music. Apparently Ramin gave them too much good stuff for the final 3. So their original statement of knowing what 'the last song is going to be' maybe rendered moot.

Unless, it was The Day The World Went Away.
That's fine. I mean, if the the last outside music is titled the same as the episode the music is used in, that's perfect. Besides, if it means we get to hear more of Djawadi's creativity, and less temp tracks, then i'm happy.

In many ways, Root all the way to end really had an individual impact on Harold, John, and of course Sameen. She really made each of them look at the world a certain way and kind of helped guided them through uncertain times. slowly but surely, she became the spirit of Team Machine, and she looks on watching over them with her god now.

I swear this is not to make people cry, just the way i think of how her character had an impact.

Besides Harper, Logan Pierce, & Joey Durban, I think a lot more ex-numbers are returning for Synecdoche. That's probably why none of them are listed in the press release. Think Tatsuro Daizo, Jason Greenfield, & Daniel Casey'd be back, too. Since Root's dead, & Finch's on the run, it's likely The Machine would dispatch them to help out Reese, Fusco, & Shaw. Amy did mention that Michael wasn't her only scene partner when it came to playing this new character.

Trailer for the next one.

Last edited by ChrisTilford on June 2nd, 2016, 11:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

The more i think about it, the more i really liked how Root and Elias died. It felt realistic - nothing drawn out or sappy; Root got caught off guard, got shot and dies from critical injury while unconscious (this bit feels so realistic); Elias dies from being caught off guard.

Given what we know so far, thought of another possibility for .Exe: The Machine simulates a virtual world where it never existed & shows Harold what it's like if there was only Samaritan. And whatever happens in there, helps him understand how he can actually defeat the thing. If we were to liken it to Interstellar, Finch is like Cooper, The Machine is like TARS, & this virtual universe is the Tesseract.

When it comes to effectively visualizing Samaritan in this world, that's where the payoff with the malware they stole, & the cybernetic deathmatches come in. Using that code, The Machine can simulate exactly how its rival would function.

And come to think of it, Amy Acker could have a dual role in this. Not only can she be the physical embodiment of The Machine in this world (it's like a precursor to what Nolan wants to cover in Westworld) to serve as Finch's spirit guide or summat (like in The Flash episode 'The Runaway Dinosaur', where The Speed Force personifies itself in the form of people Barry Allen's comfortable with; or like Virgil, the character played by Steven Williams, in The Leftovers's 'International Assassin'), as well as a Root who never came in contact with her God. She could either be the hacker assassin she started as, or an asset of Samaritan, or just about anything. Really bring out the inner chameleon in the actor.

THIS Root, could give Finch a hand in how to beat this thing. She's extraordinarily intelligent, but I think there are certain aspects of it she'd never exhibit in reality (The Machine knows of them, & can effectively sim her to do that). And given they're in a Samaritan world, which might be a lot more technologically upbeat (but still look the same as present day on the exterior), this can have a major role in this accentuation of this process. From an emotional standpoint, they can even also do a proper goodbye between these 2 lovely characters (since Root died alone).

Thought they could have another Harold too (who in this world, is Nathan Ingram's colleague, since the latter never died), so that even Michael Emerson can get into the double act. That's probably why there are no set pictures for this one. Why'd you wanna hint at shots of two Roots & two Finches? (I kid. I kid :twisted:). And then of course, for the world building, there are different visions of Reese, Shaw (& Cole, since he wouldn't have died either), Fusco (all of them act for two) as well as deceased characters like Szymanski (who stands in for Carter). There's also a real world angle in the piece with the other 3 regulars & guys like Greer, Zachary, Travers, Garrison, & Henry Peck, & you jump back & forth, & the last scene of the episode, is in reality when the Machine's score in the deathmatch finally hitting ONE, & that perfectly sets up Return 0.

And honestly, this is a lot more in sync with the hard genre aspect of the show, than the Inception-esque Metaverse thing I suggested earlier, which is just too damn fantastical (& not to mention, way too fucking expensive). Thought of doing a VR setting for The Machine, as a companion piece to that one, with Root/Finch in the forefront, but didn't have enough material to go with. Think Greg Plageman & Erik Mountain beat me to it, & that's just peachy.

Glad I got that out of the way. Thanks for reading.

Shit, why did i just rewatched the Season 5 trailer? So many shots that were used in the trailer that are definitely going to used in the upcoming 3 episodes. Now i feel like i got spoiled.

Turns out I was mistaken. Episodes 9 & 10, do take place in 2016. Finch mentioned having gone to the same place as his first date with Grace, exactly 10 years to the day. We know they met in January 2006. The day's unspecific, though.

New Orleans has its own Samaritan.

http://www.projectnola.org/index.php

Honestly in many ways i myself as a shoot supporter in the series, I feel like the two major scenes in 5x10 really felt like closure for them in terms of how they felt about each other. I didn't look at it like some normal ship, but a really thought provoking and deep connection ( possibly a love but they never needed to say that ) between two damaged women who's characters really helped developed the other in many ways and both huge assets to the big picture of the show.

The scene in the safehouse where Root talked about being alone in her life and just trying to fit in and holding Shaw's.

Of course the shootout sequence in the street with them talking things over ( which was also funny as it was important and serious ). I think we can all agree... SYMPHONY!!! :lol:

I feel in these two scenes they showed how much they care about each other but in a way only Root and Shaw can. It felt like closure for them in their final moments seeing the other alive before Roots end down the line. So while i understand that there has been crazy LGBT killing sprees on tv and im not saying its right... i just think Root and Shaw aren't in the conversation and were beautifully built and handled till the very end with a sense of closure.
Last edited by thedarkshaw on June 2nd, 2016, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We saw in the intro that Fusco is now with yellow box.

What about...
Root? How would she look like?

sebal24 wrote:We saw in the intro that Fusco is now with yellow box.

What about...
Root? How would she look like?
I'm thinking this is the last you'll see of the complete opening sequence. Just the title card for the rest (or one possibly narrated entirely by Greer for 5x12, given the nature of the episode).