Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
GeneMod wrote:How would you guys rank the seasons? Overall, I'd say 3 and 5 are tied at first place, followed by 4 then 2 then 1. In terms of high points, S5 wins easily, then 3 and 4 are tied at second place followed by 2 and 1.
I'd totally cheat on my top 5 list.
1. return 0/The Day The World Went Away
2. 6, 741/If-Then-Else
3. Prophets/SNAFU
4. The Devil's Share
5. Deus Ex Machina
Honourable mentions: Terra Incognita, The Crossing, Root Path, B.S.O.D., .exe and RAM.
Seasons: 5, 4, 3, 1, 2 (feels less steady as a step in the narrative progression)
Episodes: Cura Te Ipsum, Trojan Horse, Zero Day, If-Then-Else, SNAFU

When I get S5, I'll do a full rewatch and try to come up with a fresh top five. Even if they end up the same, I'm willing to see if others will stand out more now.

Edit: Just realized this is my pi post. :D First, I guess, but I'm not holding my breath for 3,141.

GeneMod wrote:How would you guys rank the seasons? Overall, I'd say 3 and 5 are tied at first place, followed by 4 then 2 then 1. In terms of high points, S5 wins easily, then 3 and 4 are tied at second place followed by 2 and 1.
2. 6, 741/If-Then-Else
3. Prophets/SNAFU
4. The Devil's Share
5. Deus Ex Machina
Honourable mentions: Terra Incognita, The Crossing, Root Path, B.S.O.D., .exe and RAM.
Mine's S5>S3>S4>S2>S1

As for top 5 episodes (No particular order): IF-THEN-ELSE, 6,741, return 0, The Day The World Went Away, Deus Ex Machina, The Crossing.
thedarkshaw wrote:Its interesting reading some of my friends top POI episodes... many of them refuse to put 5x10 on there. Thats the biggest Backlash to a POI episode since The Crossing. Return 0 didn't get the backlash Crossing and TDTWWA did.
Let me guess: it's because Root and Carter got killed off?

Havoc1st wrote:
2. 6, 741/If-Then-Else
3. Prophets/SNAFU
4. The Devil's Share
5. Deus Ex Machina
Mine's S5>S3>S4>S2>S1

As for top 5 episodes (No particular order): IF-THEN-ELSE, 6,741, return 0, The Day The World Went Away, Deus Ex Machina, The Crossing.
thedarkshaw wrote:Its interesting reading some of my friends top POI episodes... many of them refuse to put 5x10 on there. Thats the biggest Backlash to a POI episode since The Crossing. Return 0 didn't get the backlash Crossing and TDTWWA did.
Let me guess: it's because Root and Carter got killed off?
Roots death plays into the big LGBT Tv Controversy this year. I said before i understand how they feel about that and im not someone who cheers for non-straight characters to be killed off tv for shock value. But i really don't think Root and Shaw fall into the same trap, i honestly don't. I don't think it was a case of "Harold and Grace's happiness was valued more at the expense of Root and Shaw, But i guess they have just had enough.

Although a shoot spinoff of some kind im not object to :D ;)

Wait...wait...wait
Did Jonah never write for Greer? I flicked through the 8 episodes he's credited with writing, and none of them feature the old man.

GeneMod wrote:Wait...wait...wait
Did Jonah never write for Greer? I flicked through the 8 episodes he's credited with writing, and none of them feature the old man.
Erik Mountain indicated that Jonah wrote the Titans speech in Dead Reckoning for the guy, much like he did for Root's closing monologue in the Season 3 premiere (Amy mentioned that in a convention in 2014).

Shoot fans and John fans aside...

Return 0 has a 10/10 on imdb still a week after its airing. Am i dreaming ? :D

return 0 feels like most Nolan-ish POI episode. Don't know why, it's the way it feels.

Havoc1st wrote:return 0 feels like most Nolan-ish POI episode. Don't know why, it's the way it feels.
Non-linear narrative structure perhaps?

Fowler gave Season 5 a 9.5/10.

Anyway, it's been a week since the finale aired. That was fast.

Havoc1st wrote:Fowler gave Season 5 a 9.5/10.

Anyway, it's been a week since the finale aired. That was fast.
Despite the uproar it caused to certain fans, Phenomenal final season that produced so many great/amazing episodes like B.S.O.D, SNAFU, QSO, .EXE, Reassortment... but gave us three all time classics in 6741, The Day The World Went Away, and Return 0. Like Fowler said, one of the best Series Finales of all time ( my person favorite of all time ).

Loved the Root and Shaw story this season even if... they didn't get a happy ending :cry: