Person of Interest (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
lol, Alexa Planje forgot to put QSO in her review. Anyway, the grades were A- for Reassortment and B for A More Perfect Union.

Also, it's kinda funny how much i learned about flu statistics when watching Reassortment .
Last edited by Havoc1st on May 26th, 2016, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Havoc1st wrote:lol, Alexa Planje either forgot to put QSO in her review. Anyway, the grades were A- for Reassortment and B for A More Perfect Union.

Also, it's kinda funny how much i learned about flu statistics when watching Reassortment .
Alexa is like that relative where ya love them but you just have to let em go :lol: i have to remember the last time i read one of her reviews.

So far this is my season 4 vs season 5 chart

5x01 over 4x01
5x02 over 4x02
5x03 ties 4x03
5x04 beyond 4x04
4x05 over 5x05
5x06 over 4x06
5x07 over 4x07
5x08 over 4x08

Next round is Sotto Voce and The Day The World Went Away vs The Devil You Know and The Cold War next week.

ChrisTilford wrote:Finch took a lot of shit from folks tonight, almost deservingly so. Can't help wondering that whatever transpires in Episode 100, pushes him off the edge to finish the job, alone (going by the press releases of 11 & 12).
Four threads on the subreddit now, based on just the exchange with Elias. Getting overblown IMO.

Whistler wrote: Four threads on the subreddit now, based on just the exchange with Elias. Getting overblown IMO.
Greg did mention about 'really challenging' the actor in Michael Emerson this season. Not exactly surprising if they push him into unsettling places. Especially since it's the last leg.

Circling back to .Exe, here's what we know so far:
Per the Press Release:
'Finch infiltrates a maximum-security government facility in a desperate mission which could mean the end for not only Samaritan, but for himself and The Machine as well.'
Greg's comments about to it to The AV Club, & Marisa Roffman:
"And in the penultimate episode of this year, we actually show people what a world would look like had Harold Finch never built his machine, if there was only Samaritan, which is kind of fun."

“In Episode 12, which I wrote with Erik Mountain and directed, we imagined a world where what if Harold Finch had never created his Machine?" What if it never happened? That was a lot of fun, extrapolating what that world would have looked like if Samaritan had emerged and become more dominant. And also, what’s really fun is bringing back some people we missed from the past and seeing what would have happened to them."
The more I think about it, the Inception archetype seems more & more likely. Though not to the degree I suggested back in November, but close. Especially if there are dueling narratives between what's virtual & what's actual.
The Synecdoche press release says 'Finch separates himself from the team and considers taking drastic action to combat Samaritan'. It's likely he's putting it into motion in this next one here (which somewhat explains the title, which is technotalk for 'executable file').

Given the mindtricks with Grace in SNAFU, & the restrained demeanor in QSO & Reassortment, think Finch maybe terminal or summat, & is very much keeping it to himself. As a lot of time has passed so far in the season (the second was in June/July, eighth around November), he likely figured it out pretty recently. A friend suggested the theory earlier, & these recent actions seem to emphasize it more. He's probably embarking on this solo, so that if he were to die, it would be on his terms. Especially if something really bad transpired in The Day The World Went Away. Before any of his colleagues find out about his diagnosis, & prior to any symptoms beginning to come out.

Pertaining to this, think Michael Emerson also had some of that 'Acting in the Dark', which I spoke of earlier.

I don't know why im making this predictions but if im wrong you can shot me.

Why do i feel like in Sotto Voce "The Voice" whoever he or it is will be linked to Samaritan ?

I realised after watching QSO and Reassortment that this season has been really depressing. They've had two victories so far:
1) Getting a sample of Samaritan's code in 503
2) "Four Alarm Fire"
In the case of number 1, this lead to the realisation the Machine is no match for Samaritan at all. How many simulations have there been now? Like, several billion? The Machine clone has lost every single one. If that isn't disheartening, I don't know what is.
In the case of number 2, Root has no way of really knowing if Shaw understood her message or even if she got it. Of course, we know Shaw did get it and that it stopped her from committing suicide, but that doesn't change the fact she was going to kill herself.
By the way, I do think the overall quality of this season has been fantastic. I also think it's some of the most subtly depressing television I've watched in a long time.

GeneMod wrote:I realised after watching QSO and Reassortment that this season has been really depressing. They've had two victories so far:
1) Getting a sample of Samaritan's code in 503
2) "Four Alarm Fire"
In the case of number 1, this lead to the realisation the Machine is no match for Samaritan at all. How many simulations have there been now? Like, several billion? The Machine clone has lost every single one. If that isn't disheartening, I don't know what is.
In the case of number 2, Root has no way of really knowing if Shaw understood her message or even if she got it. Of course, we know Shaw did get it and that it stopped her from committing suicide, but that doesn't change the fact she was going to kill herself.
By the way, I do think the overall quality of this season has been fantastic. I also think it's some of the most subtly depressing television I've watched in a long time.
Agreed, season 5 has been fantastic, Something about the way the story is playing out it really feels like its building to some pretty deep stuff in the end. Best words to describe this season would be Dark, Depressing, Angst. But oddly enough POI seems to thrive in dark and cerebral atmosphere, which is sad because you tend to want some light at the end of the tunnel for our team lol.

Root and Sameen's connection is amazing. Part of that is writers like Denise The, Lucas O'Connor, and others have really slow burned, developed and created an organic thing. The other part is the amazing performance and chemistry between the two power houses themselves in Amy and Sarah. Its not like normal relationships on tv when you think of the two as individuals and then combine that.

This piece from Plageman from an Article related to 5x09 ( Sotto Voce ) sums it up well

GeneMod wrote: By the way, I do think the overall quality of this season has been fantastic. I also think it's some of the most subtly depressing television I've watched in a long time.
Not exactly to the level of The Leftovers, but yeah you're right. And they haven't even gotten to whatever pushes Finch on this suicide mission in 5x12 yet.

With reference to victories, there's also one more: stopping the flu virus in Reassortment. But even that is accentuated with depression, since it created a large enough scare to warrant DNA collection of everyone, which could determine who lives & who doesn't.