Director's Collection Blu-ray Boxset Announced

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
apw
Warner Home Video announced today they will be releasing a 7-disc Christopher Nolan Director’s Collection on Blu-ray for sale starting June 26th. Included in the collection will be Memento, Insomnia, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and Inception — aka all of his features except Following and The Prestige. The collection will include special features for each movie, 10 collectible photo cards, a 40-page photo book with images from the films, and a Movie Cash voucher good for $8 off the cost of a The Dark Knight Rises ticket.

The collection presents each film in its original 2.39:1 aspect ratio, with occasional shifts to 1.78:1 for The Dark Knight, and with 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio tracks — 5.1 Dolby TrueHD for Batman Begins. Warner Home Video licensed Lionsgate‘s 10th Anniversary Edition of Memento, so their new director approved master should be present in this collection. There is no word on whether The Dark Knight or Batman Begins have received new transfers.

Retail will be around $50 for the 5 film collection. It’s a shame The Prestige and Following can’t be included in this package, as a true ‘complete’ package of the director’s filmography would be ideal. Oh well. Do you plan on purchasing the 7-disc Christopher Nolan Director’s Collection on Blu-ray on June 26th?
http://www.nolanfans.com/2012/05/22/chr ... announced/
Last edited by apw on May 22nd, 2012, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holy shit.

Hold up, where's The Prestige?

apw
Mason wrote:Holy shit.

Disney hold the rights to that domestically. Warner do actually have the overseas rights so if the UK gets the box-set then hopefully it will include The Prestige.

I don't have a Blu-Ray player and this kills me. :x

That was my thought exactly.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

apw wrote:

Disney hold the rights to that domestically. Warner do actually have the overseas rights so if the UK gets the box-set then hopefully it will include The Prestige.
Oh, I see. Well I'm holding out on a UK release, but if that isn't the case, I'll go ahead and import this set regardless.

Looks great, and although I already have the Blu-ray for these films, I may consider buying it if there are new transfers and new relevant special features.

Also, we can hope for Warner Brothers to repeat one of the main selling points of the Batman Begins Collector's Edition (which was released approximately 2 months before TDK got its theatrical release): the prologue.
BB had TDK's prologue, and the release of this new boxset seems to fit EXACTLY the same timeframe, so we can hope TDKR's prologue will be in it :twothumbsup:

Well, I've only got Inception on blu ray as far as Chris Nolan films are concerned so I'll be getting this probably.

Edit: we getting extra never-before-seen special features for these? Maybe even... commentaries?

feel like mmat could have done better box art.