Director's Collection Blu-ray Boxset Announced

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
No Following or Prestige? Ill wait 10 more years and get the box that is released then.

There is no word on whether The Dark Knight or Batman Begins have received new transfers.
God I do wish they have... The Dark Knight deserves a new master approved by Nolan and Pfister...

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/warner ... -set-27326
Warner Home Video will release a five-film set from The Dark Knight Rises director Christopher Nolan on Blu-ray Disc.

Coming June 26 is Christopher Nolan Director’s Collection, a seven-disc Blu-ray set listed at $49.99. The set includes the “Batman” films Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, plus Inception, Memento and Insomnia.

The set also includes a 40-page photo book, 10 photo cards and up to $8 in movie cash to see The Dark Knight Rises, out in theaters July 20.

Jeff Baker, EVP and GM of theatrical catalog for Warner Home Video, said the decision to release the set was both easy and a challenge.

“The easy part is we have very high expectations as a company for The Dark Knight Rises, based on the success of The Dark Knight,” he said. “… To aggregate most of Christopher’s films into this boxed set and to attach movie cash to encourage consumers to go see the next iteration of The Dark Knight was a logical decision. Where we were a bit conflicted is … generally speaking, our consumers like films of a particular persuasion, whether they’re war films or comedies … or with a particular actor.”

Baker said the studio has had success with four-film favorites sets, such as of the “Lethal Weapon” films, for example. And when it comes to directors, they’ve typically released sets from more long-established directors, such as John Ford or Martin Scorsese.

“Nolan isn’t one-dimensional,” Baker said.

But, he added, The Dark Knight, Batman Begins, Insomnia and Inception all involve psychological intrigue, saying it could have been called the “mind games” boxed set. And, he said, because of Nolan’s rapid ascension to be one of the top directors in the business, the set made sense.

“We believe that over time, his stock will rise as a director,” Baker said. “… We used the current vehicle of the new film coming out and the consumer value of the movie cash as sort of a hook to launch it. Ultimately we’re committed to Christopher Nolan as a director. We felt that it made sense to have a boxed set out there that bears his name and that it will do well and that consumers will be receptive to it.”

What's with Director collections not including all of the director's work or missing some of his best? You should defiantly include Following because it was Nolan's first film.

xWhereAmI? wrote:What's with Director collections not including all of the director's work or missing some of his best? You should defiantly include Following because it was Nolan's first film.
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has the rights to the release of Following. Buena Vista has the rights to The Prestige.

Can someone talk to this Baker guy and tell him we want a goddamn new master for TDK?

If TDK and Batman Begins got better transfers I would really consider it. If Following and Prestige were in it I would probaly buy it anyways even if there weren't new transfers for BB and TDK.

Could the prologue be included?

I don't know if it has been posted, but this boxset is currently $33.86 at Wal-Mart

PowerDump wrote:I don't know if it has been posted, but this boxset is currently $33.86 at Wal-Mart
That's not a bad price. I might consider it just for the book.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."