Online Books and Academic Essays

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
Hi everyone,

I have a site called justicebulletin.com which focuses on the superhero genre on the big and small screen. I've been lucky enough to have some writers from these boards contribute articles and reviews - if any of you are interested in doing so please feel free to PM me. Thanks!

There's also this little lot, all of which has detailed discussions of the 'Dark Knight' films:

Martin Fradley, '"What Do You Believe In?": The Dark Knight Franchise and Contemporary Film Scholarship' in Film Quarterly (Vol 66, Issue 3), Summer 2013 (available online: http://academia.edu/1940710/_What_Do_Yo ... _Franchise )

Will Brooker, Hunting the Dark Knight: 21st Century Batman (I.B. Tauris, 2012)

J. Hoberman, Film After Film: Or, What Became of 21st Century Cinema (Verso, 2012)

Stephen Prince, Firestorm: American Film in the Age of Terrorism (Columbia U.P., 2009)

Douglas Kellner, Cinema Wars: Hollywood Film and Politics in the Bush-Cheney Era (Wiley-Blackwell, 2010)

J.Birkenstein, A. Froula, & K.Randell (eds.), Reframing 9/11: Film, Popular Culture and the “War on Terror” (Continuum, 2010).

Jacqueline Furby & Claire Hines, Fantasy (Routledge, 2012)

Ernest Mathijs and Jamie Sexton, Cult Cinema (Wiley-Blackwell, 2011)

Helena Bassil-Morozoq, The Trickster in Contemporary Film (Routledge, 2012)

Carolyn Jess-Cooke and Constantine Verevis (eds.), Second Takes: Critical Approaches to the Film Sequel (SUNY Press, 2010).

Damian Cox and Michael P. Levine , Thinking Through Film: Doing Philosophy, Watching Movies (Wiley-Blackwell, 2012).

Does anybody have a link to this great article that went into Nolan's influences, visual style etc? The only specific thing I remember is the comparison between the bathroom scenes in Inception and The Shining. There were comparisons to Heat, also.

EDIT: Never mind, I found it in another thread. LOVE this article: http://nilesfilmfiles.blogspot.com.au/2 ... up-to.html