Questions for Nolan

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
lalyil wrote:
The_Maestro wrote:1. What's happening with "Mr. Hughes"?

2. Can you clear up the "Five dead. Two of them cops." line from TDK, please?

3. Any tips for aspiring writer/directors?
I doubt there are any real stories behind the second question. It was to build a world behind what you actually see on camera.
But the other two are good, thank you :D
It's a real fanboy question but the reason I ask is because Nolan was VERY elusive about answering it during the TDK bluray chat in '08. Even if he's like "Yeah, we screwed up that dialogue" I'll be happy.

Of course the TDKR-related questions would assuredly be spoiler-free

1. What was it like filming the final scene of TDKR?

2. What was it like on the last day of filming TDKR?

3. Will we ever see additional footage/photos of Heath Ledger from The Dark Knight?

4. Are you aware of the site nolanfans.com?

5. If you could go into anyone's mind, whose would it be?

6. When did the writing process for TDKR begin?

7. What is your favorite book? (or one of them)

maestro, might have to try ask him that off-interview then for you :)

movieman, those are great! thank you!

lalyil wrote:movieman, those are great!

That Eminem gif got me thinking, does Nolan listen to current artists?
gib sigs

Pratham wrote:That Eminem gif got me thinking, does Nolan listen to current artists?
Well, all I know is he likes Radiohead and Bowie. Which means he got amazing taste in British music lol but this is the kind of thing that if I get a chance I'd ask off-interview

Thanks Layil! And your welcome for the questions! I look forward to finding the answers to some of them.

1. Why, oh why, did Katie Holme get the role of Rachel dawes in "batman begins" :lol: ?

2. Why is the Joker holding a notebook while talking to the people on the two ferries on his mobile phone in "The dark Knight"?

3. Is Cobb still dreaming after dropping his totem in the bathroom after Saito startles him in "Inception"?

4. Was there aver a discussion to work with Alex haw again after "The Following"?

5. Is Angier still somehow alive at the end of "The Prestige"?

6. Any plans on working with Al Pacino or Robin Williams again in the future after "Insomnia"?

7. Is there a chance that a future Nolan film will be low-budget like "Memento" again?

Batfan175 wrote:1. Why, oh why, did Katie Holme get the role of Rachel dawes in "batman begins" :lol: ?

2. Why is the Joker holding a notebook while talking to the people on the two ferries on his mobile phone in "The dark Knight"?

3. Is Cobb still dreaming after dropping his totem in the bathroom after Saito startles him in "Inception"?

4. Was there aver a discussion to work with Alex haw again after "The Following"?

5. Is Angier still somehow alive at the end of "The Prestige"?

6. Any plans on working with Al Pacino or Robin Williams again in the future after "Insomnia"?

7. Is there a chance that a future Nolan film will be low-budget like "Memento" again?
I'll save you some time.

1.) She captured an innocent but seductive "girl next door" quality he liked, but also could be determined and strong.

2.) He's reading his speech.

3.) He won't answer, he's avoided anything remotely like that.

4.) Dunno the answer, but probably not. Following was with all his friends.

5.) Nothin in the film says this, he'll say that's not how he read it.

6.) He'll say he has no 'plans' but if the project is right he'd like to plus saying they're fantastic actors.

7.) Yes, there's a chance. He's said multiple times across many interviews he loves both mediums, it depends what interests him at the time and what story he cracks when looking at next projects. He's also said he knows few people have the opportunity to make epic scale films, so he may continue that path for a bit. Though, supposedly his Howard Hughes project is next.

There you are.

-Vader

LOL Vader, thank you. Saved me time.

I really want o get questions he wouldn't expect. And as said before, I mostly have to go with TDKR-related questions.

I could never ask him WHY he picked an actor for a certain role - obviously, or if he plans to work with an actor again in the future - cos he wouldn't be able to say that.
Inception ending was asked about a hundred times before.

And I remember reading Alex from Following isn't an actor anymore..