Nolan's political views?

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
Posts: 3257
Joined: January 2012
Location: Israel
EnzoTheBaker wrote:I think Nolan cares about making good movies than he does about making political movies. If drawing on current issues in the public consciousness is going to make his films more powerful, then he'll do it, but he apparently doesn't care about politics enough to talk about them publicly.
:thumbup:

basically my opinion is if politics were a big part or influence on his life - I believe we'd know it already. when you have strong views in that scene it's hard to keep quiet lol

Posts: 1027
Joined: November 2011
Location: Indiana
CaliKid329 wrote:
lalyil wrote:
Isn't Eastwood conservative? :)
I don't think he's directly come out and said he is a conservative. I think Eastwood is more of a Libertarian.
More or less, I suppose.

Posts: 7738
Joined: February 2012
Location: Boston, Taxachusetts.
RIFA wrote:Left-wing radical socialist. :clap:
I hope not.

Posts: 1484
Joined: May 2010
Location: See You Space Cowboy
EnzoTheBaker wrote:I think Nolan cares about making good movies than he does about making political movies. If drawing on current issues in the public consciousness is going to make his films more powerful, then he'll do it, but he apparently doesn't care about politics enough to talk about them publicly.
which I respect the hell out of. Politics and people that are way into politics get old really fast IMO

Posts: 30
Joined: March 2012
fenwayconnor wrote:
EnzoTheBaker wrote:I think Nolan cares about making good movies than he does about making political movies. If drawing on current issues in the public consciousness is going to make his films more powerful, then he'll do it, but he apparently doesn't care about politics enough to talk about them publicly.
which I respect the hell out of. Politics and people that are way into politics get old really fast IMO
If you don't play politics, politics will play you.

Posts: 2980
Joined: June 2010
CaliKid329 wrote:
lalyil wrote:
Isn't Eastwood conservative? :)
I don't think he's directly come out and said he is a conservative. I think Eastwood is more of a Libertarian.
And he's directly said as much.
Clint Eastwood wrote:I don't see myself as conservative, but I'm not ultra-leftist. ... I like the libertarian view, which is to leave everyone alone. Even as a kid, I was annoyed by people who wanted to tell everyone how to live.
Clint Eastwood wrote:These people who are making a big deal about gay marriage? I don't give a fuck about who wants to get married to anybody else!

Posts: 7738
Joined: February 2012
Location: Boston, Taxachusetts.
Why is this thread in the Batman section?

Posts: 3257
Joined: January 2012
Location: Israel
EnzoTheBaker wrote:
CaliKid329 wrote:
I don't think he's directly come out and said he is a conservative. I think Eastwood is more of a Libertarian.
And he's directly said as much.
Clint Eastwood wrote:I don't see myself as conservative, but I'm not ultra-leftist. ... I like the libertarian view, which is to leave everyone alone. Even as a kid, I was annoyed by people who wanted to tell everyone how to live.
Clint Eastwood wrote:These people who are making a big deal about gay marriage? I don't give a fuck about who wants to get married to anybody else!
Ah good :D

Posts: 4533
Joined: June 2011
Location: Lost Angeles
fenwayconnor wrote:
EnzoTheBaker wrote:I think Nolan cares about making good movies than he does about making political movies. If drawing on current issues in the public consciousness is going to make his films more powerful, then he'll do it, but he apparently doesn't care about politics enough to talk about them publicly.
which I respect the hell out of. Politics and people that are way into politics get old really fast IMO

I agree. He's a smart dude, politics fuck everything up.

I admit anytime a celeb talks about politics I turn the channel, stop following them on Twitter, etc. I fucking hate when they preach about politics or who they say I should support. It immediately makes me like them a lot less when they discuss politics.

Posts: 30
Joined: March 2012
CaliKid329 wrote:
fenwayconnor wrote:
which I respect the hell out of. Politics and people that are way into politics get old really fast IMO

I agree. He's a smart dude, politics fuck everything up.

I admit anytime a celeb talks about politics I turn the channel, stop following them on Twitter, etc. I fucking hate when they preach about politics or who they say I should support. It immediately makes me like them a lot less when they discuss politics.
They're people too. They can have their own opinions. I do hate when celebrities use their power to persuade people, and pander, but there's nothing wrong with a celebrity being vocal about their opinions.

Post Reply