Nolan's political views?

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
Oblong_Box wrote:
fenwayconnor wrote:
which I respect the hell out of. Politics and people that are way into politics get old really fast IMO
If you don't play politics, politics will play you.
One of the more supide things I've ever read, but ok!

CaliKid329 wrote:
fenwayconnor wrote:
which I respect the hell out of. Politics and people that are way into politics get old really fast IMO

I agree. He's a smart dude, politics fuck everything up.

I admit anytime a celeb talks about politics I turn the channel, stop following them on Twitter, etc. I fucking hate when they preach about politics or who they say I should support. It immediately makes me like them a lot less when they discuss politics.

Completely agree!

Again... Why is this thread in the Batman section?

ComptonTerry wrote:Again... Why is this thread in the Batman section?
This. :clap:

Some people have an idea!

http://willyloman.wordpress.com/2011/12 ... rns-on-us/

Ever since Christopher Nolan took over the Batman franchise in 2003, he has increasingly redefined the Dark Knight to the point where he is nothing more than Dick Cheney in a cape talking in a raspy voice and each and every villain has been demoted from super-natural cartoon caricatures to all-to-human obsessed terrorists with a grudge and WMDs.
We have put up with Nolan’s personal “war on terror” appeasement campaign and even allowed him to profit immensely from it, but now I say to you, enough is enough.

Let’s boycott the Batman.

:batface:

Inceptionist wrote:Some people have an idea!

Ever since Christopher Nolan took over the Batman franchise in 2003, he has increasingly redefined the Dark Knight to the point where he is nothing more than Dick Cheney in a cape talking in a raspy voice and each and every villain has been demoted from super-natural cartoon caricatures to all-to-human obsessed terrorists with a grudge and WMDs.
We have put up with Nolan’s personal “war on terror” appeasement campaign and even allowed him to profit immensely from it, but now I say to you, enough is enough.

:eh:

Tykjen?

They should lock this thread so the stupidity ends here.

fenwayconnor wrote:

They should lock this thread so the stupidity ends here.

fenwayconnor wrote:One of the more supide things I've ever read, but ok!
How so? If you don't want to debate politics, and remain ignorant of it, it will continue to consume you, whether you like it or not. I agree that politics is mostly just bullshit rhetoric, but we can't just sweep it under the rug. That's terribly naive.

:facepalm: Can someone merge this thread with the real Nolan's political views thread? Like, a real mod? :tooexcited: