Another Director similar to Nolan?

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
FilmmakerRising wrote:Bottom line:

Nolan- Style and Substance
Aronofsky- Style over Substance
I disagree. Aronofsky has just as much substance as Nolan, he just presents it in a different way.

MiracleSleeper wrote:
FilmmakerRising wrote:Bottom line:

Nolan- Style and Substance
Aronofsky- Style over Substance
I disagree. Aronofsky has just as much substance as Nolan, he just presents it in a different way.
Then:

Nolan- Style and Substance Equally
Aronofsky- Presenting Substance through Style...
come to think of it, aronofsky uses a lot of symbolism, besides the fountain. To portray Nina's self-consciousness and paranoia of herself in Black Swan a reflective surface (Mirror, glass) is in every shot of the film.

FilmmakerRising wrote: come to think of it, aronofsky uses a lot of symbolism, besides the fountain. To portray Nina's self-consciousness and paranoia of herself in Black Swan a reflective surface (Mirror, glass) is in every shot of the film.
Wtf. The Fountain was riddled with symbolism all over the place. The image of Xibalba recurring, and of course the 3 parallel stories carried very much symbolism in their each respect of the great quest of acquiring eternal life..

Black Swan to me was THE Freudian aspect of a destroyed psyche presented on screen like never before. The mother was a real culprit in it all. Mirrors were used in almost every scene to portray the insane duality created within Nina's mind. And a timeless performance by Portman. How the hell did Darren extract that out of her? I will forever be in awe.

tykjen wrote:
FilmmakerRising wrote: come to think of it, aronofsky uses a lot of symbolism, besides the fountain. To portray Nina's self-consciousness and paranoia of herself in Black Swan a reflective surface (Mirror, glass) is in every shot of the film.
Wtf. The Fountain was riddled with symbolism all over the place. The image of Xibalba recurring, and of course the 3 parallel stories carried very much symbolism in their each respect of the great quest of acquiring eternal life..

Black Swan to me was THE Freudian aspect of a destroyed psyche presented on screen like never before. The mother was a real culprit in it all. Mirrors were used in almost every scene to portray the insane duality created within Nina's mind. And a timeless performance by Portman. How the hell did Darren extract that out of her? I will forever be in awe.
bro, bro. I said "besides", as I knew that the Fountain is nothing BUT symbolism. Even the parallel storylines are technically symbolic of each other.

FilmmakerRising wrote:
tykjen wrote:

bro, bro. I said "besides", as I knew that the Fountain is nothing BUT symbolism. Even the parallel storylines are technically symbolic of each other.
I read "besides" like it was excluded or something, sorry. Darren is a major fan of the subconscious and symbolism that ventures into the unknown and ancient mysticism. A dreamer like Nolan.

If Aronofsky and Nolan teamed up to write and direct a film together... the universe would reach enlightenment.

Is that you samsara?

Now Where Was I ? wrote:Christopher Nolan is my favorite Director and I just want to know who do you think is the director who have the most in common with Nolan
on the top of my head I think of
Quentin Tarantino
Ridley Scott
Michael Mann
Did you just compare Tarantino to Nolan?
GTFO.

McG.

steveportee wrote:McG.