Other filmmakers on Christopher Nolan

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
Robin wrote:Brad Bird:
“I was more inspired by Chris Nolan’s use of IMAX because he filmed several major set pieces in real old school IMAX. And when I say old school, I mean the film, the 15 perf film, 70mm film horizontally so the frame’s this big on each frame. I thought seeing ‘The Dark Knight’ with several sequences in IMAX was a thrilling way to see that movie and I wanted to have us have that same kind of showmanship.”
HE STOLE. HE STOLE. I SMELL A PHONY. PHONY!

Mason wrote:
Robin wrote:Brad Bird:
HE STOLE. HE STOLE. I SMELL A PHONY. PHONY!
A BIG FAT PHONYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Man, wish I could get on a plane to be in the US in july to watch TDKR in 70 mm IMAX. There's no such thing in Brazil. My only experience with IMAX was back in 98, at EPCOT Center. That's just sad... :cry:

PLAYBOY: Now the tide is moving in the opposite direction. Studios are less interested in giving big bucks to actors to make derivative blockbusters.
SCORSESE: That may be a good thing. Maybe it can come back the other way. Take some of these young directors, like Alexander Payne, Wes Anderson, Paul Thomas Anderson, Chris Nolan, Peter Jackson and Baz Luhrmann. Maybe this group can bring it back.
MovieMaker Magazine: Are there any moviemakers working today who inspire you as Cassavetes did early on?

Martin Scorsese: In the past I would’ve said, ‘Oh, I don’t catch up with modern filmmaking.’ But that’s not true anymore. I’ve actually been seeing a lot of modern films in the past few years. There’s a lot of Iranian films I like. And the younger American directors—Wes Anderson’s films, I really like. Chris Nolan, Paul Thomas Anderson, Linklater. When I see films by these guys, and I’m not mentioning all the names I want to mention, I feel like I’m not wasting my time. This film means something to me. I’m also learning how to tell a story with pictures. In some cases, I can never do what they do because they’re of this modern world, I’m not. I’m from the past.
@sammyjankis88

Robin wrote:
Chris Nolan, Paul Thomas Anderson, Linklater. When I see films by these guys, and I’m not mentioning all the names I want to mention, I feel like I’m not wasting my time. This film means something to me. I’m also learning how to tell a story with pictures. In some cases, I can never do what they do because they’re of this modern world, I’m not. I’m from the past.
One of the things I wish to do before I die is watch a sci-fi movie by Martin Scorsese. :roll:

Jon Faverau:
I like directors who’ve come from the independent world to doing this type of movie and seeing how they handle themselves–people like Sam Raimi, Bryan Singer, Peter Jackson, and Chris Nolan have remained relevant, so the transition from small to big movie-maker seems to be more organic than it used to be. So thanks to filmmakers like those guys, we have an opportunity to bring that sensibility and the lessons they learned in smaller movies to these big, blockbuster movies and elevate what’s expected of them.
Rian Johnson:
"Christopher Nolan.. that guy knows how to – I think he’s one of my favourite filmmakers working right now. I love his movies. He is so good at doing these… and the fact that we don’t know much about Inception, that we know exactly what he wants us to know [laughs]… that’s pretty exciting and a weird thing at this point."
@sammyjankis88

Joss Whedon wrote:I will probably commit suicide on July 20th of this year.

FilmmakerRising wrote:
Joss Whedon wrote:I will probably commit suicide on July 20th of this year.
:lol:

Chris Nolan wrote:Chris Nolan is a fantastic human being.

Bob
Rather then coming up with the name of another director sharing his piece of mind on Nolan, I'd like to ask does any of you know what does Quentin Tarantino think about him? I'm following Tarantino's "best movies of the year" lists and he didn't have neither "The Dark Knight" or "Inception" and I never heard him saying anything about Nolan. I have a feeling that he hates him with passion; similary as he hates this year's "Drive".