Other filmmakers on Christopher Nolan

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
Neill Blomkamp:
Q: Kip Thorne wrote a paper about Interstellar and the science behind it. Do you think you could have made that film?
A: "There’s a lot of different ways to interpret whether I could’ve made Interstellar. I think that the way Christopher Nolan made Interstellar could only have happened when you’re as successful as Chris Nolan. That’s one of the things that I respect about that film so much. He has a track record of enough box office-mixed-with-cerebral hits that he is able to get a film like that made and to have it singular and representative of himself. That’s just rad that films like that get made that aren’t based on franchises. For me, personally, Interstellar feels like a film that I would need to be older to make. I still need all of the dumber, younger, popcorn stuff of shit exploding for fun and guns and stuff."
http://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandcult ... t-fixation
Dan Gilroy (asked about franchises and comic books dominating the summer):
I say that, but then you have a movie like Interstellar. That is a standalone film, but in that situation the only way you could do that is if you were someone like Chris Nolan ... If you were Chris Nolan, Spielberg, George Lucas, probably David O. Russel or Darren Aronofsky, they can say “Hey, I made you $500 million, I want $100 million back if you want to keep me. I want to make this movie.” And then you could get it done. Other than that, it’s impossible.
http://www.alternativenation.net/nightc ... erstellar/

We missed PREDESTINATION, which deserved a nod, but we did get INTERSTELLAR, which I rank up there with 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY.
-George R.R. Martin

:clap:

Based GRRM da gawd

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
We missed PREDESTINATION, which deserved a nod, but we did get INTERSTELLAR, which I rank up there with 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY.
-George R.R. Martin
:clap:
[Previously, re: Hugo Awards] I'd go with INTERSTELLAR as the best of the year. The most ambitious and challenging SF film since Kubrick's 2001. A feast for the eyes, and a film that demands to be seen more than once.

Christopher Nolan made THE PRESTIGE, which is hardly an action movie. It's a movie of character, and the best film about magic since NIGHTMARE ALLEY. I do think INTERSTELLAR should have been up for the Best Picture Oscar. - GRRM

This pleases me so much. Just when i thought that we never really heard Scorsese commenting on Nolan and this happens. They were already on board being aware of each other's concern with film preservation only now more formally.
"Chris’s passion, knowledge and dedication to film is unparalleled,” said Scorsese. “He spearheaded the growing movement to ensure that film stock continues to be available for production and preservation. I know that his commitment to film and its preservation will be enormously helpful to the work of the foundation.”
http://deadline.com/2015/04/christopher ... 201414195/

I'm glad there was the post of Vaughn clarifying his remarks. I really like him a lot and I don't think what he said was rude. Sometimes the industry goes through a trend that people can get sick of, but that doesn't mean the person who set the trend did anything wrong. I think that's all he was saying.

Awesome thread.

josephcq wrote:I'm glad there was the post of Vaughn clarifying his remarks. I really like him a lot and I don't think what he said was rude. Sometimes the industry goes through a trend that people can get sick of, but that doesn't mean the person who set the trend did anything wrong. I think that's all he was saying.

Awesome thread.
Vaughn is an asshat. X-Men First Class isn't anywhere near as good as even Nolan's weakest weakest Batman movie.

George Miller Says 'Interstellar' Came Close To What His Version Of 'Contact' Would've Been Like
Then, in a move that will be perplexing to Christopher Nolan’s detractors who complain that most of his dialogue is expository – then again, isn’t all dialogue expository, when you get down to it? – Miller went on to favorably compare last year’s highly divisive “Interstellar” to what his vision of “Contact” was, saying “ ‘Interstellar’ is much closer than [the final version of] 'Contact' ” though Miller cautions that never actually got around to seeing what Zemeckis did with the film, feeling that reading the shooting script was enough to get gist of the much “safer” road the studio and Zemeckis took.

Matt Damon Would Like to Star in Christopher Nolan's Daredevil

Look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane... it's certainly not Matt Damon.

The Oscar-winner may have read comics as a kid, but he can't picture himself playing a superhero such as Batman — like his best friend Ben Affleck is doing in Warner Bros.' upcoming slate of DC Comics superhero movies.

"I think he approached it the right way, which is, 'Can I make a great superhero movie?' rather than, 'Do I want to play a superhero?' I'd consider it if the right thing came along," Damon told the Daily News while promoting his newest film, "The Martian."

He does, however, sometimes wonder about the one that got away.

"For us it was always 'Daredevil' — that's the comic we read when we were kids," says Damon. "But when that one came along (in 2003) I chickened out, because I couldn't tell. I hadn't seen the director (Mark Steven Johnson's) work and I didn't know. So I just said, 'No.' Ben was like, 'I gotta do it.'

"And the movie ended up doing very well, even though I don't think Ben was ultimately very proud of it."

Damon — who proved his action star chops on the Bourne franchise, his fourth installment of which is currently filming — could still don a cape and cowl one day in the future.

"If Chris Nolan came up to me and said, 'I want to do Daredevil,' I would be in."

That seems unlikely, because Charlie Cox is playing the blind vigilante in an acclaimed Netflix series. And Nolan is tied to Warner Bros.' heroes as a director and producer, making him an arch-nemesis of Marvel, which holds the rights to Daredevil.

Damon would, however, be happy to helm one of those $200 million superhero flicks, since directing is his real top future priority.

"Just putting that out there," he joked.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.2372880

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :gonf: :gonf: :gonf:

A few hours ago in a live Q&A on FB, James Gunn was asked about his favorite Nolan film and he responded: "It's Interstellar."£