Other filmmakers on Christopher Nolan

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
I was going to post this as I saw it earlier. It is good that Daniel was able to thank Christopher Nolan all of those years later.

Ace

Yeah, that's quite a stupid assumption in that tweet about the three Batman-films. Also, The Dark Knight itself was quite a bold and original blockbuster - almost every way besides the fact that it's based on existing comic book characters.

I was reading this Steven Soderbergh interview from last year and stumbled over this:
“One of the huge benefits, to me, of things moving into the digital realm is just the speed with which you can iterate and know what you’ve got,” he says. “To me it’s not a debate, but there are some people still having this debate. These are like climate change deniers to me: people who still won’t let go of celluloid. To me, it’s just completely ridiculous.”

When he meets up with Christopher Nolan, an ardent champion of shooting on film, he says they have a “tacit agreement that we’re not gonna talk about this.”

“We both know that it’s the third rail of our friendship,” he says. “If one of us steps on it, it’s over.”
:lol:

How can they possibly avoid that subject? Hmm, I wonder what they do talk about whenever they meet up :think:

Insomniac wrote:
August 31st, 2018, 10:00 am
I was reading this Steven Soderbergh interview from last year and stumbled over this:
“One of the huge benefits, to me, of things moving into the digital realm is just the speed with which you can iterate and know what you’ve got,” he says. “To me it’s not a debate, but there are some people still having this debate. These are like climate change deniers to me: people who still won’t let go of celluloid. To me, it’s just completely ridiculous.”

When he meets up with Christopher Nolan, an ardent champion of shooting on film, he says they have a “tacit agreement that we’re not gonna talk about this.”

“We both know that it’s the third rail of our friendship,” he says. “If one of us steps on it, it’s over.”
:lol:

How can they possibly avoid that subject? Hmm, I wonder what they do talk about whenever they meet up :think:
If they're friends then probably... NOT work? Most of my friends hate talking about work and I can easily see how an experienced filmmaker would want the same.

I guess when they meet, Nolan tells him that joke he knows.

i bet they talk about reality tv shows they've been binging

From 2:08:

Andrei Tarkovsky: "2001 is bullshit, on the other hand, Interstellar is a true piece of art, actually poetic. Those 15 minutes in the teseract are the best thing made in cinema since my last film, The Sacrifice".

Truly shocking declarations.