What is Nolan's deepest film? (themes & characters)

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.

What is Nolan's deepest film?

The Following
1%
Memento
24%
Insomnia
No votes
Batman Begins
No votes
The Prestige
32%
The Dark Knight
24%
Inception
19%

Total votes: 68

Samsara17 wrote:Honestly, I think TDKR will be his most complex, thought provoking film once its released. I think from a literary perspective, we are going to get the deepest thing he's put out, until he does/possibly puts out a deeper one after.

Just a gut feeling I have, based on how Nolan stressed he didn't want to fall victim to 3rd installment shit syndrome.
Honestly, I have faith in your assumption. I still have not read a headline about TDKR. Nor will I see any trailers.
I just cant wait to go in that cinema fresh..and come out..

tykjen wrote:
Samsara17 wrote:Honestly, I think TDKR will be his most complex, thought provoking film once its released. I think from a literary perspective, we are going to get the deepest thing he's put out, until he does/possibly puts out a deeper one after.

Just a gut feeling I have, based on how Nolan stressed he didn't want to fall victim to 3rd installment shit syndrome.
Honestly, I have faith in your assumption. I still have not read a headline about TDKR. Nor will I see any trailers.
I just cant wait to go in that cinema fresh..and come out..
Damn, you have a respectable amount of self-control. You haven't even seen the teaser? I mean, once the major 2 or 3 trailers come out during those 6 months before the release of the movie, I have a feeling you may give in to temptation. It's going to be hard to resist, while everyone else is raving about the trailers.

Samsara17 wrote:Damn, you have a respectable amount of self-control. You haven't even seen the teaser? I mean, once the major 2 or 3 trailers come out during those 6 months before the release of the movie, I have a feeling you may give in to temptation. It's going to be hard to resist, while everyone else is raving about the trailers.
I have not even seen the teaser. Only a few images from it.(which already are giving me the goose bumps) The reason why is because I regret watching the TDK trailer. It just showed too much when I look back at it. Or to be fair: I just watched it TOO many times ;) Same with the Inception trailer. It had me fooled, got me thinking I was going into a "straight forward" heist movie. So now I feel the TRUE need to overcome the temptation, instead of surrendering to it.
I am also doing the same with Ridley Scott's Prometheus. The suspense of this is killing me alright :shh:

To bring this thread back to life I think it is most certainly The Prestige. Along with 2001, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre and Blade Runner I think it's the deepest film about man's nature as well as art. Inception would be the deepest on a personal level for Nolan. I have high hopes that Interstellar will be the culmination of his talents.
Last edited by Sky007 on May 11th, 2015, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well I guess it's Interstellar now lol

Nomis wrote:Well I guess it's Interstellar now lol
Nah, it's still gonna be The Prestige.

Havoc1st wrote:
Nomis wrote:Well I guess it's Interstellar now lol
Nah, it's still gonna be The Prestige.
Punch it.

Doodlebug
not even kidding

The one with the beach.

the_red_ninja wrote:The one with the beach.
that was danny boyle you dinkus