The Christopher Nolan Appreciation Thread

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
When MovieBob says that Nolan is a little smarter Michael Bay:

This might have been posted before but here's a pretty cool extended interview from 2010 where Robin Williams talks about Insomnia and working with CN:
I had a great time working with Nolan. My memories of him are just of his being so quiet, and going, “That was wonderful, let’s try that one more time” and, “We got it, thank you.” I don’t ever remember him going, “Aaaagh!” My first impressions of him were that he was just so kind and sweet. After seeing Memento, I was like, “This is the same guy?” He was about to have his first child. Or maybe his first child was conceived on our movie, I’m not sure. If you imagine Gus Van Sant, who’s kind of quiet and that’s-great-let’s-try-this. Nolan’s the same. Just very genteel and low-key. Great, wonderful, nothing ever seemed to phase him.

I just remember Nolan being like an English army officer. “Alright, great, good.” One day there was an avalanche. We were shooting at a glacier lake, and we looked over and thought oh, wow, that’s beautiful. And then all of a sudden all the local Alaskans were going, “GET AWAY FROM THE LAKE.” Because these people understand that by the laws of physics the water will be displaced by a large amount of ice falling into it. And sure enough they were right. The water level rose by four feet. And everyone was like, “WOOOAAAH!” Except Chris who was like, “That’s great, thank you, everyone move away, thank you, stay calm, thank you.”
The rest: https://flexiblehead.blog/2014/08/12/robin-williams/

Ace
Insomniac wrote:
July 2nd, 2018, 4:40 pm
This might have been posted before but here's a pretty cool extended interview from 2010 where Robin Williams talks about Insomnia and working with CN:
Thanks for posting.
Robin’s work in Insomnia was underrated imo.

At a recent DGA screening of 2001.
Last edited by Ace on July 4th, 2018, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dat beard!

Nomis wrote:
July 4th, 2018, 6:51 am
Dat beard!
It can only be something even more daring and ambitious than Dunkirk !

Ace wrote:
July 4th, 2018, 6:44 am
At a recent DGA screening of 2001.
santa nolan when?

Christopher Nolan to Receive Vanguard Honor from The Digital Entertainment Group.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/behin ... ce=twitter

"Christopher Nolan is scheduled to receive DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group's inaugural Vanguard Award during the 4K Ultra HD Summit on Nov. 6 at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles.

The Oscar-nominated director of such films as The Dark Knight, Dunkirk and Inception will receive the honor in recognition of his use of technology "to deliver increased scale and resolution, enhanced color and immersive audio to film audiences both in cinemas and in the home theater environment."

The 4K Ultra HD Summit is presented by DEG and the Ultra HD Alliance."

when is he getting knighted

he is... dark knighted :batman: