How you became a Nolan fan

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
It started way back with Memento. I had seen the trailer for the film when it was first released to theaters. Because it was a limited run I never got around to seeing it, but nabbed it as soon as it hit DVD. From then on, he's become my favorite contemporary director. With the exception of Memento (and of course, Following) I've seen all of his films on the big screen (many times each). He's a true artist.

filmfanatic wrote:It started way back with Memento. I had seen the trailer for the film when it was first released to theaters. Because it was a limited run I never got around to seeing it, but nabbed it as soon as it hit DVD. From then on, he's become my favorite contemporary director. With the exception of Memento (and of course, Following) I've seen all of his films on the big screen (many times each). He's a true artist.
The Dark Knight was my first film I've seen of his on the big screen. Damn shame I didn't get into Nolan when BB or The Prestige came out.

I think The Prestige is the best film I have seen of his in the cinema (Missed Memento and Following though) and Batman Begins was a close 2nd for me.

It was after I saw The Dark Knight that I became a fan. I think I became particularly drawn to the director, as I was amazed to find on IMDb that he hadn't made a single film below 7.2, so I decided to watch them all. He's got me into the whole genre of psychological thriller as well.

Mr.Hmmm wrote:it was a hot summer night... a typical friday.. no clouds up in the sky... I've been a Bale fan so for him I went to see Batman Begins. Then - because I'm a Bale-fan - I saw The Prestige. And I started to admire the dude.

hehe pretty much the same :D but the obsesion came with the dark knight

i saw the prestige
loved it
without knowing saw the dark knight
wikipeadia-ed them and whatch all of his movies

now all i want to do is interview him and be in his movies (that likely - not) :(

The first film of his I saw was Batman Begins, and after that Memento, The Prestige and The Dark Knight, which were all very good. I also read an interesting interview with him in a book called The Guerilla Film Makers Handbook, which was conducted before he made Memento, about the making of Following.

For me I sort of slowly started to discover who he is. My mother had bought a previously viewed videocassette of "Memento" and I saw it sitting on the coffee table in the living room one day. The cover alone intrigued me so I popped it in the vcr and instantly fell in love with his method of telling stories. He's a great inspiration not just for aspiring film-makers, but for aspiring artists in general..

My first Nolan movie was "Memento" but back then i just wasn't interested in director's name - but liked the movie a lot. Then it was "Insomnia" which i liked too, but again wasn't interested in director's name. Then was "Batman Begins" and i hated it, really, i thought Bale was an awful choice and this guy who made the movie..uh, some Nolan won't have a future (lol). BUT then there was "Prestige" - and i fell in love with this movie. That was some mind-altering experience, if i could say that. I wanted to know who made it, oh boy, was i surprised when i saw that was the same guy who made "Batman Begins". I thought back then: "This guy just can't make a bad movie, just look at the Prestige". So I rewatched BB and I felt stupid - that was a really really awesome flick. I was just too much sticking to Burton's vision when i watched it the first time. Anyway, then there was TDK - and you know what?! I became a FAN. This movie completely convinced me that Nolan is the best. And now "Inception" - a flick of my dream. As if Kubrick received 200 mln for another one of his mind-bending movies. The end. : D

following_CN wrote: And now "Inception" - a flick of my dream.
literally