The Beginnings of his Films

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
Anybody else love how Nolan has this kind of eerie music playing over the production logos and then it gets really epic towards the end? I noticed that both TDK and Inception had this. I don't really recall if he did it on his other films, but I really love it.

Just jumps right in. No credits. I love it. :D

I agree. Batman Begins has relatively quiet music, then we see the swarm of bats with the bat symbol forming before jumping into the movie. The Prestige is almost dead silent, until we can hear wind blowing through trees. Then it's the hats in the field, and we hear, 'Are you watching closely."

Insomnia and Memento are a bit different though.

Yea, I do remember Memento and Insomnia having a credit sequence in the beginning. Memento's opening credits were still awesome though.

The reason Nolan put the title card at the end of BB is because, as I'm sure most of us know from being such Nolanheads, it showed that the origin story of Batman was over and now his legacy "begins."

He's been doing that ever since, I think he should continue doing it for all his films, it can easily become another one of his signatures. It surprised me that he didn't do it for The Prestige, for which that title placement would have been perfect.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

chee wrote:Yea, I do remember Memento and Insomnia having a credit sequence in the beginning. Memento's opening credits were still awesome though.
Memento opening credits was amazing.It still think that its the best beggining of his films :P

Yeah Tim Burton and a couple of others do it all the time. He didn't do it in Memento or Following though.

So much better in my view or unless they play around with the logo like with Scott Pilgrim Vs The World.

rbevanx wrote:Yeah Tim Burton and a couple of others do it all the time. He didn't do it in Memento or Following though.

So much better in my view or unless they play around with the logo like with Scott Pilgrim Vs The World.
he did do it in memento

in following the beginning was amazing with that badass song playing

lionsaulter wrote:
rbevanx wrote:Yeah Tim Burton and a couple of others do it all the time. He didn't do it in Memento or Following though.

he did do it in memento

in following the beginning was amazing with that badass song playing
Memento was a regular credit opening with Leonard shaking the Polaroid and the image disappearing. It's still a bad ass opening though.

chee wrote:
Memento was a regular credit opening with Leonard shaking the Polaroid and the image disappearing. It's still a bad ass opening though.
probably the most bad ass :JGLface:

The beginning of following was really cool.

But TDK and Inception were just EPIC. That music.

I love it when a movie opens like that. I'm guessing it gets everyone else excited, to. That attention grabber at the beginning makes the experience a whole lot better. I was excited for Inception's opening, and can't even imagine TDKR.

I wish TDK on DVD had the music to a louder volume so I could hear it like I did in the theater
Last edited by movieman1005 on December 13th, 2010, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.