The Beginnings of his Films

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
movieman1005 wrote:The beginning of following was really cool.

But TDK and Inception were just EPIC. That music.

I wish TDK on DVD had the music to a louder volume so I could hear it like I did in the theater
Yea, I turn the volume up for the beginning every time. Then turn it back down before the dude shoots his gun. :lol:

chee wrote:Anybody else love how Nolan has this kind of eerie music playing over the production logos and then it gets really epic towards the end? I noticed that both TDK and Inception had this. I don't really recall if he did it on his other films, but I really love it.

Just jumps right in. No credits. I love it. :D
Something even cooler is to watch his films to the end of the credits and notice how TDK, BB, and Inception end with the exact music they began with - it's like a nice, neat book end.
"Chase your reality." - Christopher Nolan

Memento is his best introduction credits....

Insomnia is also just as good... the cinematography is a class act.

chee wrote:Anybody else love how Nolan has this kind of eerie music playing over the production logos and then it gets really epic towards the end? I noticed that both TDK and Inception had this. I don't really recall if he did it on his other films, but I really love it.

Just jumps right in. No credits. I love it. :D
The Prestige has really subtle beginning and a subtle ending,really smart.

chee wrote: Memento was a regular credit opening with Leonard shaking the Polaroid and the image disappearing. It's still a bad ass opening though.
Chee,It was not regular opening.It only appeared as a regular.And that's not just image fading and disappearing.It is metaphor for Lenny's memories.
gib sigs

bruce_angier wrote: Chee,It was not regular opening.It only appeared as a regular.And that's not just image fading and disappearing.It is metaphor for Lenny's memories.
Agree. It's a great opening scene because it introduces the character's point-of-view and at the same time introduces how the narrative would go as well. It's my favorite opening scene of all time. Though Prestige, Begins and Inception have a great opening scene too.

bruce_angier wrote:
chee wrote: Memento was a regular credit opening with Leonard shaking the Polaroid and the image disappearing. It's still a bad ass opening though.
Chee,It was not regular opening.It only appeared as a regular.And that's not just image fading and disappearing.It is metaphor for Lenny's memories.
Yea, I know. I meant a regular opening as in it had credits fade in and out over the film.
Memento's opening, in creative terms, is definitely not a regular opening. It has one of the best openings I have ever seen.

up until now Memento's beginning is my favorite, simply the best, the music is great, the picture subtle and suddenly you realize is backwards, in a moment it grabs you by the balls, you've never seen anything like it.

OVERMAN wrote:up until now Memento's beginning is my favorite, simply the best, the music is great, the picture subtle and suddenly you realize is backwards, in a moment it grabs you by the balls, you've never seen anything like it.

Well it was Memento for me but the start to Inception with the noise getting louder and louder and then nothing but the calm relaxing waves, really does get you in the head of Cobb who has just entered the dream.
I thought it was genius tbh by Nolan and beat Memento for a great start to a film, still think Memento is better than Inception mind.

Nolan really does have amazing intro's, and they certainly get your blood pumping from the get-go. I am surprised that not more people are mentioning TDK's opening, it opens right into one of the coolest heist scenes in cinema history. And it has that creepy-weird music that is unsettling and really sets the tone for the movie. You are into the movie IMMEDIATELY, and I love that about TDK.

However, it is hard to top Memento's opening. It is interesting, mysterious, strange, and then... you get it and WOW! Man, I need to watch that movie again, it's been a while