Favorite Christopher Nolan Film

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.

What's your favorite Nolan film?

Following
1%
Memento
20%
Insomnia
1%
Batman Begins
1%
The Prestige
17%
The Dark Knight
23%
Inception
17%
The Dark Knight Rises
20%

Total votes: 82

It's really hard to order movies, like soccer game. Every movie has it's taste and style .. but, for the game I'll pick.
TDKR ..
I think TDKR (With many times watch) .. many will find it the best. It has everything.

1. The Prestige
2. Memento
3. The Dark Knight
4. Inception
5. The Dark Knight Rises
6. Following
7. BB
8. Insomnia

Neizar wrote:It's really hard to order movies, like soccer game. Every movie has it's taste and style .. but, for the game I'll pick.
TDKR ..
I think TDKR (With many times watch) .. many will find it the best. It has everything.
I agree.

1. TDK
2. TDKR
*cant decide
3. Memento
4. Inception
5. The Prestige
6. Batman Begins
7. Following
8. Insomnia
Brave New World

i saw this thread last night and i couldn 't think of how to put the films in order. a lot like hitchcock, you just think of it as one body of work. mostly because of the consistency and the genre he has zero'd in on.
i think memento is the best. the fact that more than ten years has past by and it uniqueness and its singular vision has got stronger over the years.
as i mentioned in another thread bb is my own favorite.
i feel insomnia is the weakest as it is the least striking and the plot is generic but that is only compared to his other films. its a great film, so well put together with a some of pacinos best stuff in latter years.

as for DKR its too soon to take in. seen it twice and it is just some achievement. i loved it.
something which something get ignored a little in the press is how personal these films seem to be for chris and his family. his cool demeanor makes you think he is so almost cold about it put i feel that the critics and some of the audience cant see how close he is to the main characters and their tropes and inner obsessions.
one things for sure like hitchcock, history will look at his films kindly and he will be recognized as one the greats. no doubt about that.

1. The Dark Knight
2. The Dark Knight Rises
3. Inception
4. Batman Begins
5. The Prestige
6. Memento (damn, it seems wrong to put it at sixth)
7. Insomnia
8. Following

As of August 12, 2012 it's

1) The Prestige
2) Batman Begins
3) Inception
4) The Dark Knight
5) Insomnia
6) Memento
7) The Dark Knight Rises
8) Following

1) The Dark Knight (#1 -> My all-time rank 1)
2) Memento (#4)
3) Batman Begins(#9)
4) The Prestige(#12)
5) Inception(#14)
6) Following
7) The Dark Knight Rises ( watched only once. So this will definitely move up :thumbup: )
8) Insomnia

For me it's:
1) Memento
2) Inception
3) The Dark Knight
4) The Prestige
5) The Dark Knight Rises
6) Following
7) Insomnia
8) Batman Begins

I have seen all these fims multiple times and they are all great. Memento is my favourite, every time I watch it I discover something new, the non linear storytelling is amazing. Inception is truly smart and entertaining while the Dark Knight has the Joker and an inspiring ending. The Prestige is great but I thought it could have been better plot wise. The Dark Knight Rises dissapointed me, it has the best action and acting by far but... it felt to me a little long and in my opinion the story isn't as interesting as the Dark Knight's. The Following and Insomnia must be Nolan's most underrated films, I find them both interesting. Finally, I am not a Batman fan, I am a Nolan fan and thats why BB is ranked so low. Plus there is Katie Holms...

1) The Prestige
2) The Dark Knight Trilogy ( I considere this three movies as one)
3) Memento
4) Insomnia
5) Inception
6) Following